- The “busted call/NIL” penalty is reduced from 3× to 2×.
- Email addresses for log submissions have been removed, and the committee now “strongly prefers” using web uploads to submit logs. Paper logs will still be accepted.
- The 10× penalty for “rubber clocking” with MS/M2 entries has been eliminated, although the committee “will continue to vigorously pursue time abuses.”
- The observer program has been eliminated. “Given the absence of a reasonable pool of volunteers and supporting funding, the program has proven to be impractical,” CQ said.
- The top entry in the “Rookie” category will be awarded on a one-time-only basis. Previous Rookie winners are ineligible for plaques in this category.
Submit questions via the CQ WW “Contact Form” page. — Thanks to John Dorr, K1AR, CQ World Wide Contest Director
The TYT TH-9800 QuadBand Transmit, Twin Receive, Dual Display FM Radio Transceiver for the 10 Meter, 6 Meter, VHF 2 meter & UHF 70cm Bands! * Load... Read more
2017 Digital Replica Edition The VHF/UHF DX Book was written in the early to mid-1990s by a team of experienced VHF/UHF DXers and equipment developers... Read more
SteppIR Antenna This video shows the SteppIR UrbanBeam’s step-by-step assembly and installation in the tower, several hours in minutes. The Urba... Read more
Vertical Dipole Bravo 7K 7 band coverage: 40-30-20-17-15-12-10 manual tune 20-17-15-12-10 meters are full size setting tubing lengths High Q... Read more
Power Line Noise On Your Ham Radio? How To Find AND Get it Fixed Read more
“Curiosity got the best of me. I finally ordered a DMR handheld radio and picked the new TYT MD-2017 UHF/VHF DMR Analog unit. I’ve never u... Read more
The STARWAVES DRM SoftRadio allows you to conveniently enjoy any DRM live radio broadcast on your Android smartphone or tablet. No Internet connection... Read more
FlexRadio Systems and Marcus Roskosch, DL8MRE announced today a partnership to develop, market and sell a client interface application for both iPad®... Read more
ARRL partner RFinder, the creator of a web and app-based directory of Amateur Radio repeaters worldwide, will supply all data for the 2017-2018 ARRL R... Read more