ContestConsole Switching Accessory Unit for ICOM radios
“produced as the result of customer demand!”
Gain full control of your ICOM radio with the SOTABEAMS ContestConsole. Easy to use – connects between your radio and microphone.
Features (depending on radio):
- Instant access to voice, CW and PSK memories (no need to have them displayed on the radio screen)
- TX PTT button
- TX low power tune function – sends 10 Watt carrier (optional lead required)
- Pushbutton frequency control (up and down)
- External PTT socket for footswitch
- Auxiliary microphone socket (3.5mm)
Will it work with my radio?
The ContestConsole was designed with the IC-7300 in mind but it works with a wide range of other ICOM radios.
IC-2300H, IC-2730, IC-275, IC-575, IC-7000, IC-703, IC-706, IC-707, IC-7100, IC-718, IC-7300, IC-7400, IC-746, IC-746PRO, IC-756, IC-756PRO, IC-756PROII, IC-756PROIII, IC-7600, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-78, IC-7800, IC-7850, IC-7851, IC-9100, IC-910H, ID-4100A, ID-4100E
Functionality varies for each radio. Click here for our full compatibility matrix.
Tips for use
- There are usually some radio settings that need changing before the memory buttons will function – look for “external keypad” in the radio manual for details.
- Do not connect two microphones at the same time. If connecting a microphone via the ContestConsole, use either the 3.5mm socket or the 8 pin socket, not both.
- On some radios, an external storage device (memory card or USB stick) might be needed for voice memories to work.
“Editor’s Note: Due to the popularity of some of eHam’s older articles, many of which you may not have read, the eHam.net team has d... Read more
The new 6-4-20 is a serious performer with an 11.1m computer optimised tapered boom and 10 elements on both 50MHz and 70MHz with a single feed point.... Read more
Lets talk about my thoughts on the Wolf River Coils Take It Along 1000 and what its like adding a Chameleon Cha-SS17 whip. Read more
Software Defined Radio (SDR) has finally reached a much broader mass of people, who wanted to play with RF technology, but didn’t find the time... Read more
Bandwidth at it’s broadest! VSWR 2:1 or better at band edges on 10-40 meters. Up to 100 kHz. on 75/80 meters. Solid one inch fiberglass... Read more
This kit has been designed by David Bowman G0MRF and contains all the parts required to drive a PA on 2.4 GHz for QO-100. The completed board will hav... Read more