The CobWeb offers the following features :
- 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 10m operation
- Compact and easy to handle – Around 8ft square
- Doesn’t have to be too high – Reasonable performance at 10ft, with 20ft being the ideal
- Can be made with either figure-of-8 speaker wire (folded-dipole) or single-wires and 1:4 balun (for impedance matching)
- Can be constructed with PVC tube or fibreglass poles
- Possibility of being used portable if built right – perhaps with a tripod speaker stand?
- Parts required :
- Aluminium Plate : 200x100mm *
- Aluminium Plate : 150x100mm *
- 3x 1″ 16swg Aluminium Tube, 1m length *
You can use fibreglass throughout, if the wall-thickness is sufficient
- 2x 20mm PVC Conduit, 3m length – fine for prototype, but fibreglass is better!
- 8x 1″ Stauff Element Claps *
- 2x V-bolts *
- 1.6mm (or whatever you have) Wire – total usage is about 38m.
- 2x FT140-61 (or FT240-61 for QRO) Ferrite toroids – from Ham Goodies
- 4x 600mm of RG316 Coax (Ham Goodies), or, for 100w MAX: RG174 will be fine
1x Waterproof Enclosure (min size: 120x85x55mm)
- Selection of nuts/bolts – ensure they are stainless-steel!
Assembled a prototype of Geckokapula V2 a dualband 70cm/13cm handheld FM/CW radio. It also does AM and SSB reception in addition to FM and CW. An awes... Read more
Yaesu FTM-300D, C4FM Dual Band Ham Radio, Review/Demo Read more
BTECH UV-50X3 X-Series Mobile – 50 Watt Tri Band Radio 13.8V (15 Amp) Operating Voltage Source Required – Dual Receiver Radio (Dual RF), C... Read more
The new newsletter of the IARU Monitoring System (aka ‘Intruder Watch’) has just been published. The most frequently reported intruders on... Read more
The Maritime Mobile Service Net (MMSN) on 14.300 MHz came to the assistance of a sailing vessel on June 25. MMSN control operator Steven Carpenter, K9... Read more