The CobWeb offers the following features :
- 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 10m operation
- Compact and easy to handle – Around 8ft square
- Doesn’t have to be too high – Reasonable performance at 10ft, with 20ft being the ideal
- Can be made with either figure-of-8 speaker wire (folded-dipole) or single-wires and 1:4 balun (for impedance matching)
- Can be constructed with PVC tube or fibreglass poles
- Possibility of being used portable if built right – perhaps with a tripod speaker stand?
- Parts required :
- Aluminium Plate : 200x100mm *
- Aluminium Plate : 150x100mm *
- 3x 1″ 16swg Aluminium Tube, 1m length *
You can use fibreglass throughout, if the wall-thickness is sufficient
- 2x 20mm PVC Conduit, 3m length – fine for prototype, but fibreglass is better!
- 8x 1″ Stauff Element Claps *
- 2x V-bolts *
- 1.6mm (or whatever you have) Wire – total usage is about 38m.
- 2x FT140-61 (or FT240-61 for QRO) Ferrite toroids – from Ham Goodies
- 4x 600mm of RG316 Coax (Ham Goodies), or, for 100w MAX: RG174 will be fine
1x Waterproof Enclosure (min size: 120x85x55mm)
- Selection of nuts/bolts – ensure they are stainless-steel!
Connecting the MX-P50 amplifier and LDG Z11 pro tuner to the IC-705. Read more
The Airspy HF+ Discovery sets a new standard in terms of reception performance with extra pre-selectors for all the supported bands and a New DSP Core... Read more
There’s an incredible amount of radio signals. It’s impossible to know them all, let alone recognize them. So why not get help from Signal... Read more
Tips on Operating Linear Amateur Radio Satellites (Part 2) Read more
Ham radio & 3D printing – A very portable table stand for the Icom IC-705. Read more
Callum has created quite an impressive line of antennas that fit various ham radio use cases. Today we look at his portable offering The Expedition an... Read more
The US Coast Guard has invited comments by January 21, 2021, on a proposal to discontinue HF voice watchkeeping. The proposal appeared on No... Read more