The CobWeb offers the following features :
- 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 10m operation
- Compact and easy to handle – Around 8ft square
- Doesn’t have to be too high – Reasonable performance at 10ft, with 20ft being the ideal
- Can be made with either figure-of-8 speaker wire (folded-dipole) or single-wires and 1:4 balun (for impedance matching)
- Can be constructed with PVC tube or fibreglass poles
- Possibility of being used portable if built right – perhaps with a tripod speaker stand?
- Parts required :
- Aluminium Plate : 200x100mm *
- Aluminium Plate : 150x100mm *
- 3x 1″ 16swg Aluminium Tube, 1m length *
You can use fibreglass throughout, if the wall-thickness is sufficient
- 2x 20mm PVC Conduit, 3m length – fine for prototype, but fibreglass is better!
- 8x 1″ Stauff Element Claps *
- 2x V-bolts *
- 1.6mm (or whatever you have) Wire – total usage is about 38m.
- 2x FT140-61 (or FT240-61 for QRO) Ferrite toroids – from Ham Goodies
- 4x 600mm of RG316 Coax (Ham Goodies), or, for 100w MAX: RG174 will be fine
1x Waterproof Enclosure (min size: 120x85x55mm)
- Selection of nuts/bolts – ensure they are stainless-steel!
We are very excited to offer this new mounting solution for the Kenwood TM-D710. It will also work with Kenwood TM-D700A TM-D700E TM-D710E. There are... Read more
Built by popular demand, the DX Engineering Ladder Line Surge Protector is ready to be placed in line with your balanced feedline antenna system! For... Read more
AnyTone AT-D578UVIIIPRO Tri-Band Amateur DMR Mobile Radio with Bluetooth, GPS and BridgeCom University Want the latest and greatest DMR radio? We ar... Read more
Ofcom’s spectrum assurance team recently solved a sky-high interference case that took more than a little detective work to crack. The team were conta... Read more
The West India Zone Regional Coordinator for AMSAT-INDIA, Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP, is offering students and others the opportunity to learn about amateu... Read more
“Something you’ll stumble onto is the need to power more and more devices in your shack. This particuarly happens when you start buying mo... Read more