The CobWeb offers the following features :
- 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 10m operation
- Compact and easy to handle – Around 8ft square
- Doesn’t have to be too high – Reasonable performance at 10ft, with 20ft being the ideal
- Can be made with either figure-of-8 speaker wire (folded-dipole) or single-wires and 1:4 balun (for impedance matching)
- Can be constructed with PVC tube or fibreglass poles
- Possibility of being used portable if built right – perhaps with a tripod speaker stand?
- Parts required :
- Aluminium Plate : 200x100mm *
- Aluminium Plate : 150x100mm *
- 3x 1″ 16swg Aluminium Tube, 1m length *
You can use fibreglass throughout, if the wall-thickness is sufficient
- 2x 20mm PVC Conduit, 3m length – fine for prototype, but fibreglass is better!
- 8x 1″ Stauff Element Claps *
- 2x V-bolts *
- 1.6mm (or whatever you have) Wire – total usage is about 38m.
- 2x FT140-61 (or FT240-61 for QRO) Ferrite toroids – from Ham Goodies
- 4x 600mm of RG316 Coax (Ham Goodies), or, for 100w MAX: RG174 will be fine
1x Waterproof Enclosure (min size: 120x85x55mm)
- Selection of nuts/bolts – ensure they are stainless-steel!
Portable Solar Power, Samlex Foldable Solar Panel, Off-Grid Emergency Electricity The Samlex 135 watt portable solar panel with included charge contro... Read more
Northern Florida Section Emergency Coordinator Karl Martin, K4HBN, is requesting that stations not directly involved in the Amateur Radio Emergency Se... Read more
There’s an incredible amount of radio signals. It’s impossible to know them all, let alone recognize them. So why not get help from Signal... Read more
Skybridge Hotspot | – High Power -> 10mW – 1.3″ OLED Screen – See your contacts and connection info! – Cross-Mo... Read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAkcmd7ixA Read more
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has announced that two 60-meter channels have been made available, as necessary, for interoperabil... Read more
QST Cover Plaque Award The winning article for the September 2020 QST Cover Plaque award is “Easy to Use Antenna Mast for Portable Operators” by Zach... Read more
AMSAT-OSCAR 7 (AO-7), the oldest amateur radio satellite still in operation, is nearing a return to full illumination by the sun, which should take pl... Read more