Discover the BIG SIGNAL DX-Quad antenna , this new design of a single element Multi-Band Quad covers up to 5 bands in HF from 10 to 20 meters. An incredible high-performance bi-directional antenna option to get started on the DX in HF without the need for a complex installation or a large investment.
Why choose the DX-Quad antenna in front of a Yagi or Dipole antenna?
· 5 bands of full wavelength, reaching the maximum efficiency in TX / RX.
· Very low noise as it is a closed antenna, which will allow it to improve the reception of weak DX signals masked by the QRM.
· Very low radiation angle even installed at low height, essential for working DX.
· Reduced turning radius, ideal for limited spaces.
· Comparable performance with a Yagui of 2 full-size elements.
· Bi-Directional, you only have to turn the rotor 180º.
· Super robust construction with high quality materials, with a light weight.
In times when unfortunately the noise in the cities is increasingly high, a closed antenna and horizontal polarization is the definitive solution to improve the reception of weak DX signals masked by the QRM.
· Bands: 10/12/15/17/20 m
· Elements: 1 active in each band.
· Gain: 3.2 dBi (Free space)
· Maximum power: 2,000 W.
· Turning radius: 2,625 m.
· Total height: 5.35 m. · Total width: 5.10 m · Minimum height of mast needed: 6.00 m. · Weight: 8.5 Kg. · Wind resistance: > 200 Km / h.
· Boom / Mast Plate: 300 x 150 x 8 mm.
· Boom: Round of 50 x 2 mm.
· Crosspieces: Angled design of 30 x 5 mm and stabilizing element to the boom of 4 mm.
· Screws and fittings: Stainless Steel W4.
· Fiberglass: Specially molded and designed to measure half-round for a perfect adaptation to the surface of the crosspiece, reinforced fiber cloth and protective layer for the sun.
· Cable: BIG SIGNAL Wire. Special copper cable with polyethylene sheath (PE) for excellent weather protection and mechanical resistance.
· Power: Balun of high quality current.
Icom has released updates for its latest range of Amateur radios. The updates are available for the IC-705, IC-7300 and IC-9700 SDR transceivers. The... Read more
SteppIR Antenna This video shows the SteppIR UrbanBeam’s step-by-step assembly and installation in the tower, several hours in minutes. The Urba... Read more
RFinder has worked with the DMR network Brandmeister to create new usability enhancements. The new dashboard just released includes coverage maps gene... Read more
“The Baofeng UV5R. Some have called them the savior to ham radio and others say they are nothing but a scourge to the hobby. But one is for sure... Read more
The BF-F8+ is the first UV-5R radio to get a full internal upgrade.It has the updated internal components of the GT-3 but also full backward comp... Read more
Radio Communication Guide “What To Look For In A Handheld Radio First off, my recommendations for radios are going to be primarily based... Read more