In BIG SIGNAL we present the multi-band cubic antenna with 2 elements and 5 bands. The true queen of DX!
E ste is a model that breaks all the schemes currently in this type of antenna from electrical design optimization with next – generation software to the mechanical part, innovating and using the latest advances in materials ensuring extreme durability.
Why choose the 2BS-5B antenna over a multiband Yagi?
· 5 bands of full wavelength, reaching maximum efficiency in TX / RX.
· Very low noise: Being a closed antenna, which will allow you to attenuate the QRM and QRN and improve the reception of weak signals in the band.
· Very low radiation angle even installed low height: This allows us to make fewer jumps until we reach the DX, resulting in a stronger signal on the other side.
· Extraordinary lateral rejection: providing high directivity and further reducing noise in rejection directions.
· Incredible bandwidth: SWR below 1.5: 1 in the 5 working bands, forget the use of the coupler.
· Just over 4 meters of turning radius, ideal for installations with reduced space.
· With coupler, you can also work in the bands of 30, 40 and 80 meters with a performance similar to dipole of 1/2 resonant wave.
· Super robust construction for extreme durability, forget about maintenance.
· Super light weight compared to aluminum Yagis of similar characteristics.
The best directional antenna option for the DX in urban environments, in times where the noise in the cities is increasingly high, a closed antenna is the definitive solution to improve the reception of weak signals in DX.
· Bands: 6 * / 10/12/15/17/20 m (* Kit of 2 elements for 50 MHz, optional).
· Elements: 2 assets in each band. Gain: 7.41 / 7.65 / 7.43 / 7.74 / 7.72 dBi. F / B: 24.09 / 13.07 / 18.7 / 15.73 / 15.52 dB. · Maximum power: 2,000 W. PEP · Length of the boom: 2.84 m. Turning radius : 4,032 m. · Total height: 5.25 m. · Weight: 19 Kg. · Wind resistance: > 160 Km / h.
· Plate Boom / Mast: 300 x 150 x 8 mm.
· Boom: Round of 50 x 2 mm.
· Crossings: 30 x 5 mm angled design and 4 mm boom stabilizer element.
· Screws and fittings: W4 Stainless Steel.
· Fiberglass: Specially molded and designed to measure half a cane for a perfect adaptation to the surface of the crosshead, reinforced with fiber cloth and UV protection layer.
Cable: BIG SIGNAL Wire. Special copper cable with polyethylene sheath (PE) for excellent weather protection and mechanical resistance.
Callum has created quite an impressive line of antennas that fit various ham radio use cases. Today we look at his portable offering The Expedition an... Read more
Solar Flux Hits New High & Big Flares Possible Now | Space Weather News 11.26.2020 Read more
In comments to the FCC, ARRL has argued that radio amateurs be allowed to continue shared operation in the 3.4 GHz band until 5G licensees who purchas... Read more
Connecting the MX-P50 amplifier and LDG Z11 pro tuner to the IC-705. Read more
The US Coast Guard has invited comments by January 21, 2021, on a proposal to discontinue HF voice watchkeeping. The proposal appeared on No... Read more
Tips on Operating Linear Amateur Radio Satellites (Part 2) Read more
The Airspy HF+ Discovery sets a new standard in terms of reception performance with extra pre-selectors for all the supported bands and a New DSP Core... Read more
“The Gathering” will be the theme for the 2021 Dayton Hamvention®. Hamvention General Chair Rick Allnutt, WS8G, said the theme reflects what has been... Read more
Still Time to Apply for Foreign Service Information Management Technical Specialists-Radio Positions
The deadline to apply for US Department of State Foreign Service Information Management Technical Specialists-Radio (IMTS-R) positions is December 1,... Read more
Ham radio & 3D printing – A very portable table stand for the Icom IC-705. Read more
Rodolfo Parisio, IW2BSF, reports that a Slow-Scan Television (SSTV) transmission event from the International Space Station is currently scheduled to... Read more
Xiegu REVEALS the GSOC Controller for G90 and X5105 Read more
The Board of Trustees of the Canadian Amateur Radio Hall of Fame is pleased to announce that Maurice-André Vigneault, VE3VIG... Read more
ARRL has urged the FCC to waive its proposed $50 amateur radio application fee. The Commission proposal was made last month in a Notice of Propos... Read more
SpaceX Dragon capsule Resilience, carrying four radio amateurs, autonomously docked on November 17 at 0401 UTC with the International S... Read more
US Representative Debbie Lesko of Arizona has introduced a resolution designating April 18, 2021, as National Amateur Radio Operators Day, t... Read more
The failure of two main cables sealed the observatory’s fate By Loren Grush The world-famous Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico, known for... Read more