In BIG SIGNAL we present the multi-band cubic antenna with 2 elements and 5 bands. The true queen of DX!
E ste is a model that breaks all the schemes currently in this type of antenna from electrical design optimization with next – generation software to the mechanical part, innovating and using the latest advances in materials ensuring extreme durability.
Why choose the 2BS-5B antenna over a multiband Yagi?
· 5 bands of full wavelength, reaching maximum efficiency in TX / RX.
· Very low noise: Being a closed antenna, which will allow you to attenuate the QRM and QRN and improve the reception of weak signals in the band.
· Very low radiation angle even installed low height: This allows us to make fewer jumps until we reach the DX, resulting in a stronger signal on the other side.
· Extraordinary lateral rejection: providing high directivity and further reducing noise in rejection directions.
· Incredible bandwidth: SWR below 1.5: 1 in the 5 working bands, forget the use of the coupler.
· Just over 4 meters of turning radius, ideal for installations with reduced space.
· With coupler, you can also work in the bands of 30, 40 and 80 meters with a performance similar to dipole of 1/2 resonant wave.
· Super robust construction for extreme durability, forget about maintenance.
· Super light weight compared to aluminum Yagis of similar characteristics.
The best directional antenna option for the DX in urban environments, in times where the noise in the cities is increasingly high, a closed antenna is the definitive solution to improve the reception of weak signals in DX.
· Bands: 6 * / 10/12/15/17/20 m (* Kit of 2 elements for 50 MHz, optional).
· Elements: 2 assets in each band. Gain: 7.41 / 7.65 / 7.43 / 7.74 / 7.72 dBi. F / B: 24.09 / 13.07 / 18.7 / 15.73 / 15.52 dB. · Maximum power: 2,000 W. PEP · Length of the boom: 2.84 m. Turning radius : 4,032 m. · Total height: 5.25 m. · Weight: 19 Kg. · Wind resistance: > 160 Km / h.
· Plate Boom / Mast: 300 x 150 x 8 mm.
· Boom: Round of 50 x 2 mm.
· Crossings: 30 x 5 mm angled design and 4 mm boom stabilizer element.
· Screws and fittings: W4 Stainless Steel.
· Fiberglass: Specially molded and designed to measure half a cane for a perfect adaptation to the surface of the crosshead, reinforced with fiber cloth and UV protection layer.
Cable: BIG SIGNAL Wire. Special copper cable with polyethylene sheath (PE) for excellent weather protection and mechanical resistance.
RF noise is a frequent discussion topic among radio amateurs. A proliferation of electronics has cluttered and complicated the noise environment; it’s... Read more
Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) International Chair Frank Bauer, KA3HDO, reports that the ARISS team has been working closely... Read more
We take a look at one of the most recent HF transceivers to come onto the ham radio market. Could this be the new FT-101E that was one of the best sel... Read more
Responding to comments and recent videos here on Youtube. Is there a big threat to amatuer radio operators fourth amendment rights? Are we opening out... Read more
Baofeng UV-9R TP 18-watt HT Ham Radio Unboxing and power testing – let’s see if this 18-watt HT does what it is advertised to do! Read more
An Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) contact between youngsters and youth in Moldova and an International Space Station (ISS) c... Read more
The winning article for the February 2021 QST Cover Plaque award is “Create Your Own 1:1 Coax Choke Balun,” by John Portune, W6NBC. The... Read more
Josh Tanner, the Australian filmmaker who produced the thriller Decommissioned by Perception Pictures, has explained how he came up with the idea to... Read more
An article describing how radio amateurs can help fill the information “donut hole” by providing post-earthquake “did you feel it” (DYFI) reports via ... Read more
The amateur radio communications team of the Florida Baptist Disaster Relief has created a multi-site radio communications exercise dubbed “Whirlwind... Read more
ARRL Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES®) and American Red Cross volunteers joined forces in Texas under the ARRL/Red Cross memorandum of understan... Read more
ARRL CEO David Minster, NA2AA, will keynote the QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo March 13 – 14 weekend. Minster’s talk — part of an 80+ speak... Read more
How to Connect a Modern Radio to a Legacy Tube Amp Read more
https://youtu.be/BgEtQOS8mY0 Read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNxuOtBMN2s Read more
A direct hit! The #solarstorm our #Sun launched is confirmed to be Earth-directed! NASA prediction models show impact early February 23. Because Earth... Read more