Connect any way round to automatically identify and measure a wide range of semiconductor devices. The DCA55 will automatically identify the type of the part, pinout and many component parameters. Components supported include bipolar NPN/PNP transistors, darlingtons, diode-protected transistors, transistors with built-in resistors, enhancement mode MOSFETs, depletion mode MOSFETs, diodes, diode networks, LEDs, 2 and 3 lead bicolour LEDs, JFETs and many more. Further measurements are displayed including transistor gain, leakage current, pn voltage drops, LED voltages, MOSFET threshold voltages and much more. Even if you don’t know anything about the part, just connect it in any configuration and the DCA55 will identify the type of part for you and also identify all the leads. Supplied with universal gold plated hook probes, battery and illustrated user guide. Not designed for in-circuit testing.
- Automatic pinout detection and identification, connect any way round.
- Automatic part type identification.
- Supports semiconductors including transistors, MOSFETs, diodes, LEDs, JFETs and much more.
- Detection of special component features such as transistors with diodes or transistors with built-in resistors.
- Transistor gain measurement.
- Transistor leakage measurement.
- MOSFET gate threshold measurement.
- Semiconductor voltage drop measurement.
- Supplied with gold plated red/green/blue universal hook probes on 160mm flexible leads.
|Peak test current into S/C||-5.5mA||5.5mA||1|
|Peak test voltage across O/C||-5.1V||5.1V||1|
|Measurable transistor gain range (HFE)||4||65,000||2|
|Transistor gain accuracy (for HFE<1000)||-3%-5 HFE||+3%+5 HFE||2,9|
|Transistor VBE accuracy||-2%-20mV||+2%+20mV||9|
|VBE threshold for Darlington identification||0.9V||3|
|VBE threshold for Darlington identification (shunted)||0.8V||4|
|Acceptable transistor VBE||1.8V|
|Base-emitter shunt resistance threshold||60k|
|Transistor collector-emitter test current||2.45mA||2.50mA||2.55mA|
|Acceptable transistor collector leakage||1.25mA||6|
|MOSFET gate threshold range||0.1V||5.0V||5|
|MOSFET gate threshold accuracy||-2%-20mV||+2%-20mV||5|
|MOSFET drain-source test current||2.45mA||2.50mA||2.55mA|
|MOSFET minimum acceptable gate resistance||8k|
|Thyristor/Triac gate test current||4.5mA||7|
|Thyristor/Triac load test current||5mA|
|Diode test current||5mA|
|Diode forward voltage accuracy||-2%-2mV||+2%+2mV|
|VF threshold for LED||1.50V|
|Short circuit detection threshold||10 ohms|
|Battery type||23A or MN21 (12V Alkaline)|
|Battery voltage range||7.50V||12V|
|Battery voltage warning threshold||8.25V|
|Inactivity power-down period||30 secs|
|Dimensions (excluding test leads)||103 x 70 x 20 mm|
|4.1″ x 2.8″ x 0.8″|
|Operating temperature range||0°C||50°C||8|
- Between any pair of test clips.
- Collector current of 2.50mA.
- Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter > 60k.
- Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter < 60k.
- Drain-source current of 2.50mA.
- Collector-Emitter voltage of 5V.
- Thyristor quadrant 1, Triac quadrants I and III.
- Subject to acceptable LCD visibility.
- BJT with no shunt resistors.
The International DX Association (INDEXA) has announced the formation of a fund — “Hams with Hearts” — to support humanitarian projects carried out by DXpedition teams. Thanks to an initial contribution by Zorro Miyazawa, JH1AJT, INDEXA wil... Read more
The deadline is looming for schools, educational organizations, and groups willing and able to host an Amateur Radio contact with an International Spa... Read more
It was a now-familiar story in the July edition of the International Amateur Radio Union Region 1 (IARU R1) Monitoring System (IARUMS) newsletter, whi... Read more
Bob Heil talks with Marty Justis (K9TAL) about The American Legion Amateur Radio Club – Ham Nation Read more
This high ruggedness device, MRF1K50H, is designed for use in high VSWR industrial, scientific and medical applications, as well as radio and VHF TV b... Read more
Es’hail-2 – Amateur Radio satellite – SpaceX Progress toward the launch of the Es’Hail-2 geostationary Amateur Radio satellite was reporte... Read more