by Vinod Es
“Well after a long time I am back with a new project !
This is an attempt to build an Antenna rotator controller using Arduino Mega 2560 with a nice user interface showing the actual position of the antenna.
Idea of building a rotator controller is from my brother VU2JLH.
Following features are added in the controller project
1) Collect the Antenna position using HMC5883 Digital Compas
2) Auto/Manual mode operation . A potentiometer is used to control the speed in manual mode.
3) Stop/Resume inputs to pause the rotation and continue from that point.
4) 3.2 Inch TFT display
5) 3X4 Keypad for entering the target values.
6) Inflight entry to compensate the antenna rotation due to inertia.
7) I2C extender for long cable usage between shack and antenna.
HMC5883 will be attached to the antenna and a pair of I2C extenders are used between the Arduino and HMC5883 . Use of I2C Extenders allow usage of long cable between shack and antenna tower.
3.2 inch TFT display is used for the UI. User can enter the Set point using the 3X4 Keypad….READ FULL ARTICLE
New Controller for ANANs/OpenHPSDR, compatible with all ANAN radios! **Dual Receive with independent Panadapter/waterfall **PureSignal Predistortion S... Read more
JH1CBX Masaco introduces AH-705 designed for IC-705. Descriptions ・Covers the 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz bands 30 m, 98.4 ft or longer antenna: 1.8 – 54 MHz, 7... Read more