GainIO has released aprs.fi version 1.6.4 for iOS. This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the APRS web site of the amateur radio world.
The aprs.io iOS app allows you to obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
- Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
- Track multiple stations at the same time
- Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
- View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
- Beacon your position on aprs.fi
- Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
- Tested to work great on iPhone 4S, 5 and 6, iPad 2, iPad Mini and all newer models
- Supports iOS 8/9/10
- High-resolution graphics for Retina and Retina HD displays with full APRS symbol set
aprs.fi for iOS can be downloaded for $6.99 from the Apple App Store
What’s New in Version 1.6.4
- Fixed a bug which prevented beaconing in background if the device was locked soon after enabling beacon.
- Updates position and accuracy information in the Beacon view more often.
- Even higher resolution symbol graphics for Retina HD displays on iPhone 6+, 6S, 7.
- Larger button images for graphs and raw packets view in station information view.
- Additional accessibility / large text support.
Support for the aprs.fi iOS app for iPhone and iPad is available at http://aprs.fi/page/app_suppor
ARISS The Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) program this month marked its 1000th space station Amateur Radio event, continuing... Read more
More than 12,000 have registered to attend the first QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo, August 8 – 9, QSO Today host Eric Guth, 4Z1UG, said this week. “Since... Read more
Reacting to Capacitance, Inductance, Resistance, Frequency Read more
You can find Release Notes at https://bugs.hrdsoftwarellc.com/changelog_page.php… There are 34 long-awaited updates in this build including, able to r... Read more
IP transceiver and digital simple radio in one Product name / model name Hybrid IP transceiver / IP700 Suggested retail price Open price Release date... Read more
Radio Communication Guide “What To Look For In A Handheld Radio First off, my recommendations for radios are going to be primarily based... Read more
SainSonic releases its debut radios – SainSonic RST599 two-way radios. This revolutionary design marks the start of an exciting new produ... Read more
The RS-HFIQ is a high performance Software Defined Radio (SDR) 5W Transceiver for CW, SSB, AM, FM and digital modes. Product Summary Not just another... Read more
A compact SSB transmitter/receiver will be presented. This unit covers 5 bands within the amateur radio spectrum (3.5, 7, 14, 21 and 28 MHz). Receiver... Read more