What can it do?
- SWR The Antuino measures the SWR of the antenna with a narrowly tuned receiver. A simpler resistive bridge with a diode detector will pick up an stray RF like local broadcast, a nearby ham radio operator or harmonics to give a false reading. The Antuino uses dual crystal filters to provide very accurate SWR at the actual frequency of measurement.
- Field Strength Meter Attach a small piece of wire (small whip) to your Antuino’s RF IN port. Now, monitor the field strength of a transmitting antenna! It allows for quick and dirty measurement of front-to-back ratios, nulls and general Apples to Oranges comparisions of different antennas.
- Cable Loss Connect the RF cable between the RF IN and RF Out ports. Set Antuino to SNA mode and set to the frequency. Read the power level.
- RF Cable velocity Connect a short piece of wire between the RF IN and RF OUT ports. Solder A length of the cable under test at the junction. Choose SNA mode and plot the frequency response. A dip will give you an accurate reading of which frequency is a quarter-wave length of the cable’s length.
- Modulation meter The Antuino can pick up signals as low as -90 dbm in power mode. A small whip antenna connected to the Antuino will allow you to monitor your own signals. Tune up and down the frequency of your transmitter to measure the splatter from distortion.
- Signal Source The RF out port of the Antuino acts as a signal source (though with square waves). You can accurately tune it to any frequency from 10 Khz to 150 Mhz.
- Frequency Response By feeding the signal from RF-OUT into a device/circuit under test and measuring the response at the RF-IN port, you can effectively measure the circuit response at any frequency. Click on PLOT to see the frequenc response.
- Plot! By clicking on the PLOT button, you can plot the frequency response of your amplifier or filter. It is a little spectrum analyzer with a tracking generator.
- Hackable The entire Antuino circuit and the software are placed under GPL license on https://github.com/afarhan/antuinov2.1
- Battery operated Power your Antuino from 6 AA cells. With the low power monochrome display, your batteries will last a long time. The current consumption is 90 mA. A set of batteries will last hours of operation. But switch it off when not in use.
- The top line shows the current mode of operation (It is measuring SWR in the above picture).
- The second line is a meter and read-out. It is showing SWR of 17.4 as the Antuino is not connected to any antenna
- The third line shows the current frequency at which the readings are shown
- The fourth line is a choice of modes : SWR, Power meter, Scalar Network Analyzer. At the moment it is in SWR mode
- Below that is the span control where you control how large the plot is.
T3FD TERMINATED FOLDED DIPOLE AMATEUR RADIO ANTENNA KIT DESIGNED TO WORK AT ONLY 35 FEET ELEVATION FLAT OR AS A SLOPER. BRAND NEW. THIS ANTENNA IS ASS... Read more
“Big Wire Antennas” is the topic of the new (November 21) episode of the ARRL The Doctor is In podcast. Listen…and learn! Sponsored by DX Engine... Read more
Description A 5 element Long Boom (2.1m) LFA-Q (Super-rigid Quad-style) Super-Light Quad Style Yagi for 144 – 145MHz The LFA-Q Packs a bigger... Read more
SDC Skimmer by UT4LW (Yuri) decoding PSK, RTTY and CW at the same time during Russian WW MultiMode Contest (CW, SSB, RTTY, BPSK63) Transceiver: SunSDR... Read more
Ham Radio Deluxe v6.7Ham Radio Deluxe v188.8.131.52Ham Radio Deluxe v184.108.40.206Ham Radio Deluxe v220.127.116.11 Ham Radio Deluxe Software Ham Radio Deluxe v6.... Read more
The WSJT Development Group, which just this week announced the release of WSJT-X version 2.1.1, has now issued a second bug-fix release, version 2.1.2... Read more
HRD Software is proud to serve over 30,000 ham radio customers in 136 countries. Thank you to our customers in Afghanistan, Anguilla, Argentina, Austr... Read more
IC-9700 Thank you Hayden H. – VK7HH for sharing his video, and be sure to follow him on his Youtube channel. For more information on the update:... Read more
New firmware for ICOM, D-STAR compatible handy device and 6 mobile devices will be released simultaneously
On November 6, the new firmware was released on the following six models (the version name of the released firmware in parentheses). In addition, new... Read more
SAQ, the call sign of the 1920s vintage Alexanderson transmitter in Grimeton, Sweden, is set to be on the air for its annual Christmas Eve transmissio... Read more
The January issue of Digital QST is now available for viewing on your desktop or laptop. Click here to view the issue. It is also available for readin... Read more
ARRL has asked the FCC to dismiss a Petition for Declaratory Ruling filed by New York University (NYU), that in ARRL’s view proposes a new interpretat... Read more
Dayton Hamvention® is increasing the cost of admission and its booth fees. Hamvention General Chair Jack Gerbs, WB8SCT, announced this week that gener... Read more