The SDR-play RSP1A is a major upgrade to the
popular RSP1—it is a powerful wideband full
featured 14-bit SDR which covers the RF spectrum
from 1kHz to 2GHz. All it needs is a PC and an
antenna to provide excellent communications
receiver functionality. Combined with the power of
readily available SDR receiver software (including
‘SDRuno’ supplied by SDRplay) you can monitor up
to 10MHz of spectrum at a time. Documented API
allows developers to create new demodulators or
applications around the platform.
SDRplay announces the RSP1A
SDRplay Limited has today announced the launch of a new Software Defined Radio product – the RSP1A.
The SDR-play RSP1A is a major upgrade to the popular RSP1 and is a powerful wideband full featured 14-bit SDR which covers the RF spectrum from 1 kHz to 2 GHz.
Due to its exceptional combination of performance and price, the RSP1 has proved to be a very popular choice as an “entry level” SDR receiver. Since launching the RSP1, we have learned a great deal about what people are looking for in SDR receivers, and where possible, we have incorporated these improvements and new features into the RSP1A.
The RSP1A therefore delivers a significant number of additional features which result in benefits to amateur radio enthusiasts as well as significant benefits for the scientific, educational and industrial SDR community.
Here are the main additional features of the RSP1A compared to the original RSP1:
- ADC resolution increased to 14-bit native for sample rates below 6 MHz, increasing to 16 bits with decimation.
- Enhanced RF pre-selection (greater filter selectivity plus 4 additional sub-bands compared to the original RSP1) for reduced levels of spurious responses
- Improved LNA architecture with variable gain. The RSP1 had just a single gain step.
- Improved intermodulation performance • Performance extended to cover 1kHz to 2 GHz with a single antenna port.
- Bias-T facility • Improved frequency stability incorporating a 0.5ppm TCXO (software trimmable to 0.01ppm)
- Selectable broadcast AM/FM/DAB notch filters
- RF shielding within the robust plastic casing
When used together SDRplay’s own SDRuno software, the RSP1A becomes a high performance SDR platform. The benefits of using the RSP1A with SDRuno include:
- Highly integrated native support for the RSP1A
- Calibrated RF Power Meter with more than 100 dB of usable range
- Calibrated S-Meter including support for IARU S-Meter Standard
- The ability to save power (dBm) and SNR (dB) measurements over time, to a CSV file for future analysis
- The IQ output wav files can be accessed for 3rd party applications
SDRplay has also worked with developers of the popular HDSDR, SDR-Console and Cubic SDR software packages to ensure compatibility. As with the RSP1, SDRplay provides multiplatform driver and API support which includes Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and Raspberry Pi 3. There is even a downloadable SD card image available for Raspberry Pi3 which includes Cubic SDR.
The RSP1A is expected to retail at approximately £76 (excluding taxes) or $100 (excluding taxes)
For more information visit our website on www.sdrplay.com
SDRplay limited is a UK company and consists of a small group of engineers with strong connections to the UK Wireless semiconductor industry. SDRplay announced its first product, the RSP1 in August 2014
Update! Dear readers 1 april fool : Source http://www.aliexpress.com.jv7u.clonezone.link/uv7300 Real Radio Chine KN-920: http://rigreference.com/rig... Read more
Baofeng DM-1801 digital dual-channel walkie-talkie DMR Tier1 Tier2 Tier II Dual time slot digital radio Compatible with Motorola DM-860
Baofeng DM-1801 Baofeng DM-860 Dual Band Dual Time DMR slot digital / analog two way radio 136-174 / 400-470 MHz 1024 Channels Ham Walkie Talkie.1. Ba... Read more
Wouxun KG-879 Description of Features 1. DTMF encoding and decoding 2. 105 groups DCS / 50 groups CTCSS 3. Wide /narrow bandwidth 4. Selection 5. ANI... Read more
FR5200H / FR6200H IDAS VHF/UHF Digital Repeaters 50W 100% Duty cycle operation Employing a high performance power amplifier, together with the solid h... Read more
Walk-through steps for manually programming the BaoFeng handheld radios. Easily program your BaoFeng for Repeater or Simplex Channels along with addin... Read more