We’ve recently found what looks to be a new online video based course that uses the RTL-SDR to teach basic software defined radio topics. The course is not free, but costs only $1.99 and the first three videos are free. Judging from the first three videos the content appears to be quite basic, but is presented in a very clear way that may be useful for beginners. Currently the lessons include:
- Course Overview Welcome to the exciting world of Software Defined Radio. In this video, we’ll discuss what SDR is, and why it’s such a hot button topic right now.
- Setting up the environmentIn this module, we’ll setup our environment for development. If you’re already very comfortable with Ubuntu, you might want to just follow the guide below.
- Browsing the spectrum
In this module, we’ll cut our teeth on GRQX, and learn a little about the radio spectrum.
- Signals IntelligenceIn this module, we’ll learn how to find transmissions in the frequency domain, and capture them to disk for offline analysis.
- ModulationsIn this module, we’ll learn how to identify two types of basic digital transmissions, and talk a little about the history of radio.
- Demodulation – Part 1In this module, we’ll practice capturing signals in the wild, identifying the modulation, and demodulating the signal with GNU Radio.
- Demodulation – Part 2In this module, we’ll learn about clock recovery. And we’ll pull out packets from the garage door remote.
It also appears that they plan to have some live classes in the future.
We note that there are also alternative SDR training courses available such as Micheal Ossmanns lessons at greatscottgadgets.com/sdr.
HASTINGS, Neb. (KSNB) – With a national shortage of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers, people are doing what they can to fulf... Read more
“We are live with Ray Novak, N9JA, Sales manager of ICOM America with Tim, K3LR. What questions do you have for Ray?” Read more
Marcos Pontes Future Minister of Science and Technology, Lieutenant Colonel Marcos Pontes wants Brazil to join now. “The election is over, now w... Read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSF-q_qaqqg Read more