“On the 22 of December, two amazing contacts took place on 70cm EME (moon bounce).
MX0CNS using a single 17 element DG7YBN GTV Yagi with just 60w at the antenna feed completed two contacts first with Peter PA2V 4×27 el and Sverker SM7THS 8×25 el.
Normally contacts of this nature are only possible with the smaller station running qro power levels.
An easy to build antenna for seaside locations 17m and 15m versions were used at 9M0O DX-pedition in 2016 Some notes • Wire lengths R and D are from the boom center line. • My suggestion is that wire ends are not bent around an egg or so. The dimensions are not v... Read more
- 2018 QST Antenna Design Competition Winners Announced
- Portable Antenna Build by K6UDA
- OB12-6 12 Element Yagi 40-20-17-15-12-10m – Optibeam
- New Mini QRP 9:1 UnUn and Random Wire Antenna (Part 1)
- Which connector for my antenna should I get? SO-239 or N Female
- Chameleon CHA-RXL Stealth Receive Loop Antenna
- Reduce Common Mode Current (CMC) with a Easy to Build Choke
- Baluns : What They Do And How They Do lt
This week we rcvd 4 x S.P.E amplifiers in Oslo. All amplifiers have been fully serviced for free at the factory in Italy, and some minorcomponents hav... Read more
The US Department of Defense will host this year’s Armed Forces Day (AFD) Cross-Band Test on Saturday, May 14. While Armed Forces Day is May 21, the A... Read more
The Northern California DX Foundation is pleased and proud to announce that it has published a Special Edition of the NCDXF Newsletter consisting of a... Read more
Cyclist Thomas Andersen, OZ1AA/K9DXX, completed his 6 week ride up the US East Coast on August 29 and now is in the Canadian Maritimes, the 38th count... Read more