Each year as ARRL Field Day approaches, state and local governments traditionally take advantage of the opportunity to honor Amateur Radio in the form of various proclamations. This list of those that took part is not necessarily comprehensive.
- In Alabama, Governor Kay Ivey proclaimed June 18 – 24 as “Amateur Radio Week.” A delegation of radio amateurs from around the state were on hand as Governor Ivey signed the proclamation.
- In Idaho, Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter has proclaimed June 18 – 24 as “Amateur Radio Week.” The proclamation declares that Amateur Radio has proved its relevance in the modern world by providing emergency communications when other system failed in the wake of hurricanes and other disasters.
- In Massachusetts, at the urging of State Senator Bruce Tarr, N1UIU, Massachusetts Governor Charles Baker signed a proclamation declaring June 24 as “Amateur Radio Day” in the Bay State.
- In South Carolina, Governor Henry McMaster has declared the week of June 18 – 24 as “Amateur Radio Week.” He encouraged South Carolinians to recognize radio amateurs for “their many contributions, including emergency communications and other public service work, to the continued safety of the residents of the Palmetto State.”
- In the state of Washington, Governor Jay Inslee proclaimed the week of June 18 – 24 as “Amateur Radio Week,” encouraging recognition of the importance of Amateur Radio operators, “on whom we can rely during emergencies or disasters within the state.”
- The Orange Park, Florida, Town Council designated June 18 – 24 as “Amateur Radio Week,” recognizing Amateur Radio’s role in furthering international goodwill as well as its public service in disasters, emergencies, and during public events.
- The Town Board of Cicero, New York, recognized the Liverpool Amateur Radio Club for its “fundamental role in disaster communications” for the town. The Town Board cited LARC’s participation in Field Day at William Park on Field Day weekend.
- The City Council of Goose Creek, South Carolina, proclaimed June 17 – 23 as “Amateur Radio Week.” Mayor Greg Habib said radio amateurs “further demonstrate their value in public assistance by providing free radio communications for local events.”
- The City of Midland, Michigan, proclaimed June 18 – 24 as “Amateur Radio Week” in that community, recognizing “the efforts of ham radio operators, especially during times of emergency.” Mayor Maureen Donker presented Midland Amateur Radio Club President Al Bailey with the proclamation on June 11 during a City Council meeting.
- The Volusia County, Florida, County Council has designated June 17 – 24 as “CQ Florida Amateur Radio Week,” honoring Amateur Radio generally and the group CQ Florida in particular. The Council urged residents to honor Amateur Radio operators “for providing a bridge between peoples, societies and countries by creating friendships and sharing information.”
- In Ohio, the Hancock County Commission designated June 18 – 24 as “Amateur Radio Week,” noting that the Hancock AuxComm Team will host a Field Day event at Clarke Field in Newell.
More than 1,400 clubs and groups in the US and Canada have let ARRL know of their plans to be on the air for Field Day by registering their locations on the Field Day locator page.
BOLPA-10 A Super Wide Band, High Performance Log Periodic Dipole Array (LPDA) – 14MHz to 30MHz Optimised for all Ham Bands Just 7.7m long
Hockley Essex, United Kingdom – InnovAntennas Limited, The premier supplier of sophisticated and Innovative directional antenna systems announces toda... Read more
G3TXQ 6 Band Hexbeam 40m single element add on kit Some of you may remember the 7 band Hexbeam that was in production a few years ago. Due to the comp... Read more
Xiegu X510 X5105 is a highly portable transceiver working at HF+6m band, with a built-in power output of 5W. Technical features: double-conver... Read more
Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) and Jamboree on the Internet (JOTI) will be held this year on October 16, 17, and 18. Register online as an... Read more
Eric demos the K4 along with its latest features. Read more
The ARRL Repeater Directory ® — introduced this week for 2015-2016 — has a newly launched companion app for Apple® iOS® devices. iPhone®, iPad®... Read more
Get Your Ham Radio License You are only 35 questions away from getting your Ham radio license. The questions come from a pool of questions publ... Read more
How to stop a Coronal Mass Ejection ending civilisation as we know it by Richard Chirgwin Nobody’s quite forgotten that a really big solar event... Read more
New products: EXPERT SPE 1.5K-FA Amplifier and AMB-01 Remote Antenna Switch SPIDERBEAM – ANTENA “AERIAL-51” LOW BAND SYSTEMS BHI FLE... Read more