AMSAT EA will be on air on all available satellites with callsign AM1SAT from Sept 10-17 to celebrate IberRadio 2018 – IV Radiocommunications Fair, the biggest HAM party event in Spain and Portugal, Sept 15-16
Main grid will be IN70 but other ones will be activated as well. Our operators will work transatlantic QSOs too. QSLs by LOTW and eqsl
Any questions, please write to email@example.com
AMSAT-EA will be transmitting its special call AM1SAT via all active satellites from September 10-17 as part of the IV RadioHam Fair IberRadio 2018 activities. IberRadio is the biggest event for the ham community in SouthWest Europe and will open doors September 15th and 16th. AM1SAT callsign will be active from a minimum of 14 different grids during that time to help satellite operators to collect as much EA locators as possible.
As part of this activity and in order to promote the participation, AMSAT-EA is sponsoring the AM1SAT Special Award in two categories: SILVER and GOLD.
1. This award can be requested and issued to any licensed amateur station and also SWLs
2. Will be valid contacts all those done via AMSAT satellites from September 10th 2018 to September 17th 2018 in all transmission modes.
3. There are two different requirements to get the awards, depending of the applicant location.
Applicant in a EU entity.
To get the award in its SILVER category, the applicant has to contact AM1SAT in 5 different grids (We consider “grid” as a 4-digits main locator. For example IN71, IM68, JN00, etc). To get the award in its GOLD category the applicant has to contact AM1SAT in 10 different grids.
Applicant in a Non-EU entity.
To get the award in its SILVER category, the applicant has to contact AM1SAT in 2 different grids (We consider “grid” as a 4-digits main locator. For example IN71, IM68, JN00, etc). To get the award in its GOLD category the applicant has to contact AM1SAT in 4 different grids.
4. There is no need of paper QSLs nor EQSLs to ask for the award. When the applicant gets the requirements, s/he has to send via email a log with the QSOs, listing his callsign, name, and QSO data (Date, GMT time, frequencies, mode, received grid and used satellite). Also we need the applicant email to send the award. The awards will be send, latest in 2 months and only in PDF format, free of charge.
5. Logs and any question about this activity must be send to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Logs must be received by October 1st 2018. We will consider the AM1SAT operators logs as the valid ones to check and cross the QSOs. Disputes or open issues will be solved by AMSAT-EA committee.
English AMSAT-EA newsletter
IberRadio 2018 http://www.iberradio.es/en/
The CHA WINDOM 40 antenna is designed for 40m, 20m & 10m. A tuner may be needed to tune the other bands between 80M and 6M. Power handling is 250W... Read more
Whether you have a simple wire antenna or a large HF Yagi on a tower, the effects of wind are major considerations. The Doctor offers tips to improve... Read more
Kenwood TK-D200GE Key Features TDMA DMR Digital Air Interface – 2 slot/1 carrier in 12.5kHz Complies with ETSI DMR Standard TS 10... Read more
“This weeks show is slightly different. What if we take the Anytone AT D878 UV plus and put it in almost ideal conditions. How far can a 5 watt... Read more
As popular as the venerable Yaesu FT-817 transceiver might be with amateur radio operators, it’s not without its flaws, particularly in the user inter... Read more