An easy to build antenna for seaside locations 17m and 15m versions were used at 9M0O DX-pedition in 2016
• Wire lengths R and D are from the boom center line.
• My suggestion is that wire ends are not bent around an egg or so. The dimensions are not valid in such a case.
• Good choice for the driven element center isolator is a commercial isolator with UHF-connector. The coax center conductor is connected to the upwards going wire.
• Current balun is at least 3 pcs Amidon FB-43-1020 or similar on the coax cable next to the feed point.
• Cable route to the feed point is from the back of reflector, along the boom. Cable influence is then minimal. • An easy way to fine tune SWR is to adjust distance between element lower ends
. • Bringing them closer to each other resonant frequency goes downwards, and the opposite
• Cable ties are good for temporary installations. They fix everything in this antenna. • Spiderbeam telescoping masts are good for this antenna. Fishing rod is good for the boom.
• Salt water makes angle of radiation low. Also losses in ground reflection are low and antenna gain therefore close to 10dBi. See More in .pdf file :
Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) is planning another popular slow-scan television (SSTV) event in the wake of an SSTV experime... Read more
It’s a celebratory year for the WWV stations. The fiscal year (FY) 2019 budget — once signed — will include full funding for the stations, which also... Read more
The US Amateur Radio population once again grew by about 1%, based upon 2017 and 2018 year-end FCC database statistics provided by Joe Speroni, AH0A.... Read more
Radio hams transfer Crypto Currency on 40m band CryptoVibes reports amateur radio was used to send Bitcoin from Toronto to Michigan on 7.077 MHz using... Read more
The US Navy’s Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD) has adopted Amateur Radio training as a possible new approach to basic RF and electro... Read more
The Fox-1A (AO-85) CubeSat has been turned off until further notice due to return of eclipses and poor battery condition, control operator Mark Hammon... Read more
The FCC has invited public comments on a Petition for Rule Making (RM-11826) from an Ohio radio amateur seeking to amend the Part 97 station identific... Read more
AMSAT-DL report: This will also be the occasion to officially put the two amateur radio transponders of Qatar OSCAR-100, the first geostationary P4-A... Read more
The March issue of Digital QST is now available for viewing on your desktop or laptop. Click here to view the issue. It is also available for reading... Read more