Over 25 years of experience in development of new transverter technologies led to this masterpiece of VHF technology.
Implementing technological innovations and expertise in a timely manner and combining them into a state-of-the-art product is a thing we have succeeded in doing in a very impressive way.
It’s a challenge for us to extend the limits of what is technically feasible and to put this into our products. Ranking first worldwide and improving our products continously are a matter of course for us.
1385,- € incl. VAT + shipping
Well-equipped RF transceivers are now widespread and offer a performance that can hardly be compared to what VHF / UHF or SHF come with. For that reason, transverter setups are well established in professional and semi professional field to achieve a optimal combination of outstanding parameters, such as very high reception dynamic, and comfort of use. So it’s possible to set up a high-performance station, adapted to the individual requirements. These advantages are already used by many contest and EME stations as well as radio services.
The Linear Transverter TR 144 – PRO is the youngest transverter of our TR-family and satisfies many criteria so that it’s not necessary to open and reconfigure the interior anymore. Due to the many years of experience and a lot of information from our customers we have decided to revise the proven TR 144 H +40 completely and implement some very frequently requested features. The revision of the TR 144 – PRO was focused on operational reliability thus creating an all-rounder with above-average performance. A new inserted LO + / – 0.5 ppm, a 2nd RX IF jack and the possibility to use a dual antenna system are part of the functionality and to work with the proven a 10 MHz reference.
The Circuit design of the new transverter TR144 -PRO is based on long-term experience of its predecessors TR144H + 40 and TR144H. The basic concept has been retained, the panel adapted to the new requirements and the individual components redeveloped. Aim was to adapt TR144-PRO for most popular HF-Transceiver with just a few configuration steps and thereby be useful and universal.
For example, the very robust input stage with appropriate mixers was kept but supplemented by a new IF amplifier. The power amplifier is a new development and provides a better IM3 at the same output power and almost the same efficiency. More new features are remote controlling via a serial interface, the configuration using two buttons and the output of all important data on an easy-to-read display. Due to modern processor technology it’s possible to expand and add new features of the TR144-PRO by an easy-to-realize firmware upgrade.
- Status readout with an easy-to-read LCD-Display
- New Local-Oscillator with VCTCXO and +/- 0.5 ppm stability and phasenoise better than -155 dBc/Hz @ 10 kHz
- Output from Local oscillator for a second converter or synchro receiver or predistortion downconverter on software defined radios
- Second independent IF Receiver port to connect a second receiver such as Spectrum readout, SDR receiver or a „sun and moon noise meter“
- Two equivalent HF-Antenna ports free configurable as receiver port or transmit port or two independent antenna systems
- Monitored power amplifier with several protection circuits
- A lot of possibilities to configure the transverter for the most popular HF-transceivers
- Free configurable delay time of the internal sequence generator and open drain outputs for maximum flexibility
- Possibility to control the transverter with serial interface direct with PC (not RS232)
- Internal Blower now temperatur-controlled
Well-tried functions and features
- Input for external reference frequency for synchronizing to 10 MHz source and automatic changeover if an adequate power level is detected
- The internal antenna relay provide an Isolation of typical 70 dB
- Intermodulation >35 dBc @ 20 W PEP by new designed RF power amplifier with newest LDMOS technology
- Infinitely variable transmit gain adjustment on front panel
- Spurious rejection is better than 60 dBc, achieved by using an 5th order low pass
- Usable for all modes like SSB, PSK, FM and many more
- Low noise preamplifier with typical 0.9 dB NF and an OIP3 of about 40 dBm
|RF range||144 … 146 MHz|
|IF range||28 … 30 MHz|
|IF input power||1 … 50 mW / 60 … 1000 µW switchable|
|LO accuracy @ 18 °C||typ. +/- 0.5 ppm (without ext. ref.)|
|LO frequency stability (-5 … +55 °C)||typ. +/- 0.5 ppm (without ext. ref.)|
|Output power||25 W|
|IM3 of output signal||typ. 36 dBc @ 20 W PEP|
|RX gain||typ. 25 dB|
|Noise figure @ 18 °C||typ. 1.4 dB, max. 1.6 dB|
|RX output IP3||typ. +38 dBm|
|IM-dynamic||min. 102,5 dB SFDR @ 3 kHz BW|
|Blocking||min. -106 dBc @ 3 kHz BW|
|Image rejection||typ. 90 dB|
|External reference input||10 MHz / 2 … 10 mW (sine or square wave)|
|Reference input connector||BNC-female, 50 ohms|
|PTT control||Contact closure to ground|
|Supply voltage||+13.8 V DC (+12 … 14 V DC)|
|Current consumption||typ. 6 A (TX)|
|Dimensions (mm)||270 x 260 x 80|
|IF connectors / impedance||BNC-female, 50 ohms (sep. / com. switchable)|
|RF connectors / impedance||N-female, 50 Ohm (separate RX/TX connectors)|
|DC-supply and control connector||SUB-D 9-pole|
“This is the part 1 of a video series about the SteppIR UrbanBeam with the SDA 2000 OptimizIR Controller. In this video I do the unboxing and parts checklist. All through the process I give some advice by fallowing every recommendatio... Read more
The INRAD DMS-629 and DMS-650 microphones have been chosen by FlexRadio as the official desk microphones for use with all of our transceivers. M629 or M650 microphone, DMS-1 heavy PTT desk stand and a detachable coiled cable that runs from... Read more
EI3KD and EI4DQ both spotted our 2m beacon from qth locator IO51 for a distance of almost 4200 km. At 15.11 Z of May 20th,2015 rst was 599. EI3KD received the beacon for hours with a steady and strong signal. He made a... Read more