Over 25 years of experience in development of new transverter technologies led to this masterpiece of VHF technology.
Implementing technological innovations and expertise in a timely manner and combining them into a state-of-the-art product is a thing we have succeeded in doing in a very impressive way.
It’s a challenge for us to extend the limits of what is technically feasible and to put this into our products. Ranking first worldwide and improving our products continously are a matter of course for us.
1385,- € incl. VAT + shipping
Well-equipped RF transceivers are now widespread and offer a performance that can hardly be compared to what VHF / UHF or SHF come with. For that reason, transverter setups are well established in professional and semi professional field to achieve a optimal combination of outstanding parameters, such as very high reception dynamic, and comfort of use. So it’s possible to set up a high-performance station, adapted to the individual requirements. These advantages are already used by many contest and EME stations as well as radio services.
The Linear Transverter TR 144 – PRO is the youngest transverter of our TR-family and satisfies many criteria so that it’s not necessary to open and reconfigure the interior anymore. Due to the many years of experience and a lot of information from our customers we have decided to revise the proven TR 144 H +40 completely and implement some very frequently requested features. The revision of the TR 144 – PRO was focused on operational reliability thus creating an all-rounder with above-average performance. A new inserted LO + / – 0.5 ppm, a 2nd RX IF jack and the possibility to use a dual antenna system are part of the functionality and to work with the proven a 10 MHz reference.
The Circuit design of the new transverter TR144 -PRO is based on long-term experience of its predecessors TR144H + 40 and TR144H. The basic concept has been retained, the panel adapted to the new requirements and the individual components redeveloped. Aim was to adapt TR144-PRO for most popular HF-Transceiver with just a few configuration steps and thereby be useful and universal.
For example, the very robust input stage with appropriate mixers was kept but supplemented by a new IF amplifier. The power amplifier is a new development and provides a better IM3 at the same output power and almost the same efficiency. More new features are remote controlling via a serial interface, the configuration using two buttons and the output of all important data on an easy-to-read display. Due to modern processor technology it’s possible to expand and add new features of the TR144-PRO by an easy-to-realize firmware upgrade.
- Status readout with an easy-to-read LCD-Display
- New Local-Oscillator with VCTCXO and +/- 0.5 ppm stability and phasenoise better than -155 dBc/Hz @ 10 kHz
- Output from Local oscillator for a second converter or synchro receiver or predistortion downconverter on software defined radios
- Second independent IF Receiver port to connect a second receiver such as Spectrum readout, SDR receiver or a „sun and moon noise meter“
- Two equivalent HF-Antenna ports free configurable as receiver port or transmit port or two independent antenna systems
- Monitored power amplifier with several protection circuits
- A lot of possibilities to configure the transverter for the most popular HF-transceivers
- Free configurable delay time of the internal sequence generator and open drain outputs for maximum flexibility
- Possibility to control the transverter with serial interface direct with PC (not RS232)
- Internal Blower now temperatur-controlled
Well-tried functions and features
- Input for external reference frequency for synchronizing to 10 MHz source and automatic changeover if an adequate power level is detected
- The internal antenna relay provide an Isolation of typical 70 dB
- Intermodulation >35 dBc @ 20 W PEP by new designed RF power amplifier with newest LDMOS technology
- Infinitely variable transmit gain adjustment on front panel
- Spurious rejection is better than 60 dBc, achieved by using an 5th order low pass
- Usable for all modes like SSB, PSK, FM and many more
- Low noise preamplifier with typical 0.9 dB NF and an OIP3 of about 40 dBm
|RF range||144 … 146 MHz|
|IF range||28 … 30 MHz|
|IF input power||1 … 50 mW / 60 … 1000 µW switchable|
|LO accuracy @ 18 °C||typ. +/- 0.5 ppm (without ext. ref.)|
|LO frequency stability (-5 … +55 °C)||typ. +/- 0.5 ppm (without ext. ref.)|
|Output power||25 W|
|IM3 of output signal||typ. 36 dBc @ 20 W PEP|
|RX gain||typ. 25 dB|
|Noise figure @ 18 °C||typ. 1.4 dB, max. 1.6 dB|
|RX output IP3||typ. +38 dBm|
|IM-dynamic||min. 102,5 dB SFDR @ 3 kHz BW|
|Blocking||min. -106 dBc @ 3 kHz BW|
|Image rejection||typ. 90 dB|
|External reference input||10 MHz / 2 … 10 mW (sine or square wave)|
|Reference input connector||BNC-female, 50 ohms|
|PTT control||Contact closure to ground|
|Supply voltage||+13.8 V DC (+12 … 14 V DC)|
|Current consumption||typ. 6 A (TX)|
|Dimensions (mm)||270 x 260 x 80|
|IF connectors / impedance||BNC-female, 50 ohms (sep. / com. switchable)|
|RF connectors / impedance||N-female, 50 Ohm (separate RX/TX connectors)|
|DC-supply and control connector||SUB-D 9-pole|
by David B. Murray, KD1BL Background: While taking the Level II Emergency Communications Course, my mentor, Ron Kane (AD6KV) presented information on Near Vertical Incidence Skywave (NVIS) operation. Being interested in the reputed “n... Read more
The PowerMaster II from the Labs of Array Solutions A Wattmeter that is Outstanding in Functionality with NIST Traceable Accuracy Some of the Many Features ALC-1 – ALC protection option, shuts down your transmitter fast but... Read more
VOXTER UV-W8 Technical Parameter Model/ General VOXTER UV-W8 Frequency range VHF 136-174MHz UHF 400-480MHz Channel Capacity 2X128 Channel Spacing 25KHz Antenna Impedance 50 ohm Microphone Impedance 600 ohm Operating Voltage 7.... Read more