Functional overview of the application
You can use some transceiver’s DR functions.
Send and receive voice and pictures.
See the location of repeater sites or other stations on a map using received position data, or your
transceiver’s repeater list.
Automatically set the transceiver’s “FROM” and “TO” fields by tapping a repeater site or a station
on the map.
In the DV mode, read and edit the received station’s information.
Download additional information from an Internet database, such as QRZ.com or APRS.fi.
Send and receive text messages.
Call Sign list
Edit call signs and names used in the DR function. Also, you can add a call sign and a name in the
Call Sign list.
See the detailed data entered in the Repeater list.
Change some of the transceiver’s function settings.
Select application software settings.
Import a Repeater list or a Call Sign list.
Export a Repeater list, a Call Sign list, or Receive History.
See the transceiver’s instruction manual for details. The instruction manual can be downloaded from the ICOM web site.
The RS-MS1I operating requirements are as follows:
iOS 8.0.1 or later
– ID-4100A/E + Bluetooth unit (UT-137) (as of April 2017)
To use the RS-MS1I with a supported transceiver, you need an optional Bluetooth unit. See your transceiver’s instruction manual for details.
Set the following functions as shown below to use the RS-MS1I.
[Function] > [CI-V] > [CI-V Transceive]: ON
[Bluetooth Set] > [Data Device Set] > [Serial Port Function]: CI-V (Echo back OFF)
– The RS-MS1I may not work with all iPhones or iPads, even if they are one of the tested devices. This is because an application program on your device may conflict with the RS-MS1I.
– The RS-MS1I may not be used, depending on the OS version, installed application, and so on.
– Bluetooth LE is used for the connection with the transceiver, so there may be a time delay between the transceiver’s operation and the display on the iPhone or iPad.
– When sending or receiving pictures using “FAST mode,” the headset audio will be temporarily interrupted because of the transceiver’s Bluetooth unit limitations.
– You may need to connect to the Internet through a Wireless LAN, a 3G network or an LTE network for some functions.
– The RS-MS1I supports only portrait orientation with the iPhone. It does not support Auto Rotate. However, landscape orientation and Auto Rotate are supported with the iPad.
ARRL Handbook 2019 Limited Edition! Six-Volume Ultimate Boxed Set For the first time, The ARRL Handbook has been divided into multiple volumes. All six volumes are included in a handsome, hard slipcase, for easy storage and access. Each vo... Read more
Loop Antennas HF Receive Antenna Type:Shielded Magnetic Loop HF Receive Antenna Remote Mounting Position:Elevated HF Receive Antenna Style:One-pie... Read more
“Magnetic Loops” is the topic of the latest (July 28) episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn! Sponsored by DX Engineer... Read more
Alinco EDX-2 Automatic Random-Length Antenna Tuners are designed to work with select Alinco HF transceivers. These antenna tuners may be used for non-... Read more