Functional overview of the application
You can use some transceiver’s DR functions.
Send and receive voice and pictures.
See the location of repeater sites or other stations on a map using received position data, or your
transceiver’s repeater list.
Automatically set the transceiver’s “FROM” and “TO” fields by tapping a repeater site or a station
on the map.
In the DV mode, read and edit the received station’s information.
Download additional information from an Internet database, such as QRZ.com or APRS.fi.
Send and receive text messages.
Call Sign list
Edit call signs and names used in the DR function. Also, you can add a call sign and a name in the
Call Sign list.
See the detailed data entered in the Repeater list.
Change some of the transceiver’s function settings.
Select application software settings.
Import a Repeater list or a Call Sign list.
Export a Repeater list, a Call Sign list, or Receive History.
See the transceiver’s instruction manual for details. The instruction manual can be downloaded from the ICOM web site.
The RS-MS1I operating requirements are as follows:
iOS 8.0.1 or later
– ID-4100A/E + Bluetooth unit (UT-137) (as of April 2017)
To use the RS-MS1I with a supported transceiver, you need an optional Bluetooth unit. See your transceiver’s instruction manual for details.
Set the following functions as shown below to use the RS-MS1I.
[Function] > [CI-V] > [CI-V Transceive]: ON
[Bluetooth Set] > [Data Device Set] > [Serial Port Function]: CI-V (Echo back OFF)
– The RS-MS1I may not work with all iPhones or iPads, even if they are one of the tested devices. This is because an application program on your device may conflict with the RS-MS1I.
– The RS-MS1I may not be used, depending on the OS version, installed application, and so on.
– Bluetooth LE is used for the connection with the transceiver, so there may be a time delay between the transceiver’s operation and the display on the iPhone or iPad.
– When sending or receiving pictures using “FAST mode,” the headset audio will be temporarily interrupted because of the transceiver’s Bluetooth unit limitations.
– You may need to connect to the Internet through a Wireless LAN, a 3G network or an LTE network for some functions.
– The RS-MS1I supports only portrait orientation with the iPhone. It does not support Auto Rotate. However, landscape orientation and Auto Rotate are supported with the iPad.
What was the first telegraph message? Sent by inventor Samuel F.B. Morse on May 24, 1844, over an experimental line from Washington, D.C., to Baltimore, the message said: “What hath God wrought?” Taken from the Bible, Numbers 23... Read more
Introducing the W8AMZ 80–6m OCF / Windom Multi-Band Antenna using a 4:1 Balun and rated for 2 KW. The SWR is generally below 1.5:1 on 6, 10, 20, 40... Read more
HF Vertical Antenna • NO GROUND SYSTEM OR RADIALS NEEDED • RUGGED CONSTRUCTION • INSTANT BAND CHANGING • SLIM LOW PROFILE SILHOUETTE This multiband ve... Read more
DX Engineering OMNI-TILT™ Vertical Antenna Tilt Bases are a completely new design that incorporates features that make this Tilt Base a ‘must ha... Read more