FlexRadio Systems announces the immediate availability of SmartSDR v1.10.16 for the FLEX-6000 Signature Series SDRs.
SmartSDR v1.10.16 is a General Availability (GA) release containing new features and fixes for previously identified software defects. SmartSDR v1.10.16 concludes the BETA designation that was previously assigned to the previous 1.10.x releases.
The SmartSDR 1.10.16 release contains software defect corrections and new features reported with the previous 1.10.x BETA releases and has achieved a quality level suitable for all FLEX-6000 and Maestro users.
SmartSDR 1.10.16 contains new software for SmartSDR for Windows, SmartSDR for Maestro, SmartSDR CAT and DAX. SmartSDR for Windows 1.10.16, which includes SmartSDR CAT and DAX, can be downloaded from the FlexRadio Systems web site. Please download and review the SmartSDR v1.10.16 Release Notes prior to installing SmartSDR v1.10.16 to ensure an optimal software installation experience.
Since some FLEX-6000 user chose not to upgrade to the two previous 1.10.x BETA versions, it is pertinent to recap the feature highlights for the entire SmartSDR 1.10.x release history.
The following highlights are SmartSDR specific features:
- Station Integration – USB Cables (BCD band data, Bit, CAT, LDPA) for providing band data to third-party peripherals
- Continued Updates and improvements for contesting including the WinKeyer emulation
- Updated FlexVSP driver for SmartSDR CAT
- Persistence Fixes
- Added the Ability to Configure a Static IP address for the FLEX-6000 using a Maestro
- Updated the Maestro Network Driver
- DAX TX Buffering Improved
- D-Star Updates
- Improvements to the Automatic Notch Filter (ANF)
- Several Updates to the MONitor feature
- New Default Mic Profiles for the Radiosport M207 and M209 headsets
- CWX Now Supports Operating in QSK Mode
- Fixed GPSDO Status Indicator
- Multiple Persistence Fixes
- TURF Changes for new 60m Band for several regions in Europe
ARRL has released a “white paper” that provides some context to explain proposed alterations to the Articles Of Association and By Laws that the Execu... Read more
China’s Amateur Radio Satellite organization, CAMSAT, has released some details of three new Amateur Radio satellites that could be launched as early... Read more
China has launched two microsatellites into a lunar transfer orbit. They launched as secondary payloads with the Quequiao relay satellite on May 20, i... Read more
Despite largely dismal HF conditions, there is no doubt that the recent FT8 digital protocol has made hams more enthusiastic about getting on the air.... Read more
With support from member volunteers, ARRL will put Amateur Radio on display for visitors to EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2018 — the giant, annual airshow Ju... Read more
“This will be the 4th or 5th video I have done on or about an RFinder device. This Android DMR and phone device has been my daily carry for abou... Read more
Here is a quick tour of the SunSDR MB1 by Expert Electronics. It’s an operator’s point of view and a simple walk through this great HF rad... Read more