SDRplay is pleased to announce the official release of SDRuno for the RSP. SDRuno is the new name for the RSP compatible version of Studio1, the rights to which we obtained and announced on 28th April.
SDRuno contains native support for the SDRplay RSP and no extra plugins are required. Third party hardware can also be supported via the ExtIO interface, but with reduced functionality. SDRuno provides a rugged and flexible, high performance SDR receiver capability and boasts some excellent features:
• Multiple ‘Virtual Receivers’ which allow for simultaneous reception and demodulation of different types of signals within the same receiver bandwidth.
• A selectivity filter with an ultimate rejection greater than 140 dB. • A unique distortion-free double stage AGC with fully adjustable parameters.
• Multiple notch filters with BW adjustable down to 1 Hz, Notch Lock feature.
• A unique synchronous AM mode with selectable/adjustable sidebands, dedicated PLL input filter, and selectable PLL time constants.
• SNR (stereo noise reduction), featuring a proprietary noise reduction algorithm for stereo broadcast.
• AFC for FM signals.
• Calibration for receiver frequency errors. Over time, we plan to add many more features to SDRuno to enhance the user’s experience of this very powerful piece of software.
This software runs on Windows and we don’t yet know how easy it will be to migrate it to other platforms but this is something we will be investigating. SDRuno will be made freely available to all current and future users of the RSP – to download a copy – simply go to http://www.sdrplay.com/windows.html Our support for SDRuno in no way lessens our commitment to support HDSDR, SDR Console, Cubic SDR or ANY other software solution where the authors are willing to work with us. We fully recognise that many people have strong preferences for particular pieces of software and we do not want to do anything to undermine the options that people have to use their favoured software packages. Indeed, our view is quite the opposite. Our objective remains aim to have our hardware platforms support any and every SDR package out there.
This of course may not be possible, but it is our philosophy and part of the ethos of our company. About Studio 1: Studio1 was developed in Italy by SDR Applications S.a.s. and has hundreds of happy customers around the world. Studio 1 is known for its user friendly stylish GUI, CPU efficiency and advanced DSP capabilities, including features not available on other SDR software packages. www.sdrapplications.it About SDRplay: SDRplay limited is a UK company and consists of a small group of engineers with strong connections to the UK Wireless semiconductor industry. SDRplay announced its first product, the RSP1 in August 2014 www.sdrplay.com