Magnetic Receive Loop Antenna
Rob Fissel, K2RWF shares his testing of the DX Engineering RF-PRO-1B Active Magnetic Receive Loop Antenna.
Pixel Technologies Active Magnetic Loop Antennas are designed for reception of signals over the range of 100-kHz to 30-MHz. They include a very high dynamic-range low-noise preamplifier that can be mounted to a pole, mast, or any flat surface. The preamplifier is designed for minimum intermodulation distortion in the presence of very high-level signals that would normally overload most preamplifiers.
Most active antennas are whip types and respond mainly to the electrostatic-field portion of an electromagnetic radio wave. The magnetic loop responds primarily to the magnetic field and thus ensures a high rejection of nearby electric fields. The intensity of the electric field is usually higher than the magnetic field when an antenna is close to interference sources such as TVs, fluorescent lamps, power line wiring, etc. By rejecting the electric field, there is a reduction in local interference compared to other types of active and passive antennas.
Interference reduction is further enhanced by the deep nulls of the antenna’s directivity pattern that can be used to null out or reduce interference coming from a specific localized direction.
Details of RF PRO-1B loop antennas:
* DO NOT connect them to a transmitter, as their preamplifier will be damaged
* Very low IMD, 30 dB low-noise preamp ensures good performance in both strong and weak signal environments
* Up to 30 dB rejection of locally radiated noise compared to whip antennas
* Figure eight directivity provides deep nulls to further reduce interference
* Primary coverage range: 50 kHz to 30 MHz
* Rejects power line noise
* Rugged construction, easily mounts to a pole or flat vertical surface
* No manual tuning necessary
* No Home Owners Association problems; low profile and works at ground level
* Modular design for easy installation and maintenance
* Internal transmit/receive switch disconnects antenna/preamp from your receiver when transmitting
* Made in the USA
JK Mid-Tri-40 2 Elements on 40M / 3 Elements on 20M/ 4 Elements on 15M / 5 Elements on 10M / 26 Foot Boom
The JK Mid-Tri has been designed for Hams looking for a Mid level, cost effective but high quality Tribander antenna. This Tri-Bander’s... Read more
OWL G/T Yagis Beam Antenna are specialized, ‘hot rod’ versions of the already high-performance OWL – Optimised Wideband Low impedan... Read more
Source: LINK WSJTX 2.1.0RC5 Release! – The FT4 Protocol for Digital Contesting The FT4 Protocol for Digital Contesting by K1J... Read more
These devices, MRF101AN and MRF101BN, are designed for use in HF and VHF communications, industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) and broadcast and ae... Read more