Magnetic Receive Loop Antenna
Rob Fissel, K2RWF shares his testing of the DX Engineering RF-PRO-1B Active Magnetic Receive Loop Antenna.
Pixel Technologies Active Magnetic Loop Antennas are designed for reception of signals over the range of 100-kHz to 30-MHz. They include a very high dynamic-range low-noise preamplifier that can be mounted to a pole, mast, or any flat surface. The preamplifier is designed for minimum intermodulation distortion in the presence of very high-level signals that would normally overload most preamplifiers.
Most active antennas are whip types and respond mainly to the electrostatic-field portion of an electromagnetic radio wave. The magnetic loop responds primarily to the magnetic field and thus ensures a high rejection of nearby electric fields. The intensity of the electric field is usually higher than the magnetic field when an antenna is close to interference sources such as TVs, fluorescent lamps, power line wiring, etc. By rejecting the electric field, there is a reduction in local interference compared to other types of active and passive antennas.
Interference reduction is further enhanced by the deep nulls of the antenna’s directivity pattern that can be used to null out or reduce interference coming from a specific localized direction.
Details of RF PRO-1B loop antennas:
* DO NOT connect them to a transmitter, as their preamplifier will be damaged
* Very low IMD, 30 dB low-noise preamp ensures good performance in both strong and weak signal environments
* Up to 30 dB rejection of locally radiated noise compared to whip antennas
* Figure eight directivity provides deep nulls to further reduce interference
* Primary coverage range: 50 kHz to 30 MHz
* Rejects power line noise
* Rugged construction, easily mounts to a pole or flat vertical surface
* No manual tuning necessary
* No Home Owners Association problems; low profile and works at ground level
* Modular design for easy installation and maintenance
* Internal transmit/receive switch disconnects antenna/preamp from your receiver when transmitting
* Made in the USA
The MULTI BEAMING Open STACK controller by RemoteQTH.com is the black box designed to controll the stack match as the multibeaming switch. You can e... Read more
Log Periodic Dipole A Super Wide Band, High Performance Log Periodic Dipole Array – 10MHz to 54MHz inclusive All InnovAntennas LPDA’s are design... Read more
Alex, PY1AHD, demonstrates how easy and FAST it is to set up his AlexLoop Read more
SUPER SKYRIDER™ 9400 Mobile HF NVIS Magnetic Loop Antenna Stealth 9400 Mobile HF NVIS Magnetic Loop Antenna has been developed to address the emerging... Read more
MFJ-1204 Includes radio interface cable (8-PIN DIN) Sign up for the digital revolution and explore a whole new world of amateur radio excitement using... Read more
JS8Call Download “Hi folks! Happy to announce 0.8 of JS8Call. This is a backwards incompatible release (which is the primary reason for it being... Read more
BURST 2000A HF power amplifier BURST-2000A 2200 W PEP output power (SSB and CW) All HF bands, including WARC bands and 6 meters Rated input pow... Read more