Review of MFJ’s newest radio. MFJ is the sole importer of the new Xiegu X5105 160m-6m QRP SSB/CW/AM/FM radio with built in rechargeable battery and an amazing antenna tuner. I had lots of fun with this radio that MFJ loaned me. Sadly, now I need to send it back! In the video I go through what the radio can do, with a tutorial on the menu items.
MFJ is the exclusive North American Distributor of this new ultra-portable multimode HF transceiver.
Features a built-in highly efficient automatic antenna tuner, split frequency XCVR function, RIT receive fine tuning, NB noise suppressor, NR digital noise reduction, number notch, and computer-aided control functions.
Super lightweight and portable, you can take it anywhere! The X5105 is equipped for desktop or handheld use and covers all modes HF + 6-Meters, SSB/CW/AM/FM/RTTY/PSK-31.
Everything You`re Looking For! That`s what you get with XIEGU`s all-new X5105 ultra-portable multimode QRP transceiver marketed exclusively in the US by MFJ. Compare feature by feature, and you`ll quickly realize it`s like carrying a sophisticated full-sized station transceiver with you — in your pocket!
Here are some of the many reasons why you`ll want a X5105:
- General coverage receiver, 500 kHz to 30 MHz — plus 6 Meters 5-watts output, all bands, from 160 to 6 Meters (1.5-W AM).
- All mode operation: SSB, CW, AM, FM, plus digital Smooth tuning, 1-Hz VFO resolution, A/B split plus RIT Big 3.6″ LCD screen with rich display content, Noise Blanker, Digital Noise Reduction, plus Notch Filter!
- Multiple Band-Pass Filters plus selectable AGC speed Computer interface for digital modes Built-in Keyer and CW trainer, Multi-funcition microphone, Built-in Automatic Antenna Tuner, High-capacity battery pack (3800 mAh)
- Use as a handy talkie, has built-in speaker microphone.
- Includes: Multi-purpose handheld microphone, DC power cord, USB cable, service card and instruction manual.
- Built-in battery charger automatically cuts off when battery is fully charged.
- Size: 6-5/8″ W x 3-5/8″ H x 1-7/8″ D Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Exceptionally Low Price: $669.99
RigExpert AA-1400 – Antenna Analyzer (0.1 to 1400 MHz) RigExpert AA-1400 is a powerful antenna analyzer designed for testing, checking, t... Read more
The winner of the July 2015 QST Cover Plaque award is Steve Lawrence, WB6RSE, for his article “Rebuilding a Receiving Flag Antenna for 160 Meters.” Th... Read more
How to Extend Radio Range Without Adding a Repeater? When there’s a need to extend the coverage of handheld two-way radios, the first option is usuall... Read more
“Jim W6LG talks to G4AKC, David Starkie in England. David is Pedestrian Mobile running about 100 watts to a quarter wavelength long vertical mob... Read more
Kenwood TS-990S HF/6m Giving you a rare glimpse behind the scenes at Kenwood’s Communications Division factory at Yamagata, in northern Japan,... Read more
XIEGU G1M [Entry Level QRP Transceiver] – With receiving 0.5-30 MHz generally and transmitting capabilities on four popular amateur radio bands,... Read more