Review of MFJ’s newest radio. MFJ is the sole importer of the new Xiegu X5105 160m-6m QRP SSB/CW/AM/FM radio with built in rechargeable battery and an amazing antenna tuner. I had lots of fun with this radio that MFJ loaned me. Sadly, now I need to send it back! In the video I go through what the radio can do, with a tutorial on the menu items.
MFJ is the exclusive North American Distributor of this new ultra-portable multimode HF transceiver.
Features a built-in highly efficient automatic antenna tuner, split frequency XCVR function, RIT receive fine tuning, NB noise suppressor, NR digital noise reduction, number notch, and computer-aided control functions.
Super lightweight and portable, you can take it anywhere! The X5105 is equipped for desktop or handheld use and covers all modes HF + 6-Meters, SSB/CW/AM/FM/RTTY/PSK-31.
Everything You`re Looking For! That`s what you get with XIEGU`s all-new X5105 ultra-portable multimode QRP transceiver marketed exclusively in the US by MFJ. Compare feature by feature, and you`ll quickly realize it`s like carrying a sophisticated full-sized station transceiver with you — in your pocket!
Here are some of the many reasons why you`ll want a X5105:
- General coverage receiver, 500 kHz to 30 MHz — plus 6 Meters 5-watts output, all bands, from 160 to 6 Meters (1.5-W AM).
- All mode operation: SSB, CW, AM, FM, plus digital Smooth tuning, 1-Hz VFO resolution, A/B split plus RIT Big 3.6″ LCD screen with rich display content, Noise Blanker, Digital Noise Reduction, plus Notch Filter!
- Multiple Band-Pass Filters plus selectable AGC speed Computer interface for digital modes Built-in Keyer and CW trainer, Multi-funcition microphone, Built-in Automatic Antenna Tuner, High-capacity battery pack (3800 mAh)
- Use as a handy talkie, has built-in speaker microphone.
- Includes: Multi-purpose handheld microphone, DC power cord, USB cable, service card and instruction manual.
- Built-in battery charger automatically cuts off when battery is fully charged.
- Size: 6-5/8″ W x 3-5/8″ H x 1-7/8″ D Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Exceptionally Low Price: $669.99
Firmware upgrade remote VR-6900 can update firmware remotely, fix some bugs when find it Optional APRS VR-6900 support the optional APRS... Read more
Icom revealed their first Software Defined Radio (SDR) HF transceiver, the IC-7300, on Saturday, August 22nd 2015, at the Tokyo Ham Fair... Read more
ColibriDDC Receiver: This small-size receiver is intended to receive signals covering the HF frequency band 0.09MHz to 55MHz, and also (wit... Read more
DV4home V2 The DV4home V2 is another member of the successful family of DV4 products. As usual it supports all digital modes, while simplifyi... Read more