CHA P-LOOP 2.0
The CHA P-LOOP 2.0 was designed with portability, ease of use simplicity, ruggedness and high performance in mind. Unlike any other similar antennas on the market, the CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is made with premium materials that are precisely manufactured and assembled in the USA!
This is an exciting new product from Chameleon Antenna. Easily deployable HF magnetic loop antennas, also called small transmitting loops, have been routinely used for many years in military, diplomatic, and shipboard HF communication links, where robust and reliable general coverage radio communication is a necessity.
These antennas have only recently become commercially available for amateur radio. The real practical advantage of the small loop, compared to a short vertical whip tuned against earth or a full sized vertical antenna, is the loop’s freedom from dependence on a ground plane and earth for achieving efficient operation; this unique characteristic has profound significance for portable or restricted space antennas.
In comparison, the bottom of a vertically oriented loop does not need to be more than a loop diameter above ground, making it very easy to install in a restricted space location. There is no significant improvement in sky wave propagation performance when a small loop is installed high; all that matters is the loop is substantially clear of objects in the immediate area and oriented towards the desired direction of radiation.
The magnetic loop is different from typical antennas because it emphasizes the magnetic part of the radio wave (H field) rather than the electric part (E field) of the radio wave. It also has a high Q resonance of around 15 KHz on 40 meters, providing immunity from interference outside the bandpass.
The new CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is more rugged, lighter weight, and more weather resistant than previous versions and using the included power compensator, can handle higher power. We’re sure you will be amazed by the performance and agree that the CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is the most advanced portable magnetic loop antenna available today.
- 7.0 MHz to 30.0 MHz (40 – 10 meter ham bands)
- Power handling: 10W CW or 25W SSB
- Power handling with the POWER COMPENSATOR: 30W CW or 60W SSB (MORE INFO ON THE USER GUIDE)
- The CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is weather resistant to dripping water when mounted near vertically.
- The tuning box is equipped with a Picatinny rail for easy assembling of the unit.
- Proprietary solderless aluminum coupling loop. This coupling loop design can be used with any types of coax cable feed-lines. Because of its rigidity, the antenna tuning will remain stable, consistent and will prevent SWR fluctuations due to usual coupling loop deformation.
- The three sections collapsible portable mast allows easy storage, fast deployment and ease of use in all conditions. No need to play with multiple tubular PVC sections to assemble the antenna.
- The rubberized handle at the bottom insures a great antenna grip and an easy thumb tuning when operating the antenna handheld.
- The bottom of the telescopic mast is equipped with a stainless steel 1/4-20 threaded hole for easy tripod installation.
- The 12’ RG-58 with integrated RFI choke feed-line decouples the coupling loop from the radio which is essential to prevent SWR fluctuation while rotating the antenna or moving the coax cable around.
- Our custom made capacitors which are equipped with a 6:1 reducer, offer a smooth and consistent tuning while providing the highest efficient performance on the market.
- The cotton canvas classic military messenger bag offers easy storage, transportation and protection for the unit.
- The unit is now equipped with a NEW larger Delrin tuning knob for smoother tuning and operation.
- A 48″ diameter booster kit loop for 15M to 40M can be purchased separately.
The antenna system consists of:
1 X CHA P-LOOP 2.0 water resistant tuning box
1 X Stainless Steel base adapter 1/4”-20
1 X LMR-400 coax cable radiator
1 X Power Compensator
1 X 12’ with integrated RFI choke feed-line
1 X 100% Cotton canvas classic military messenger bag
1 X Proprietary coupling loop
1 X Folding Tripod
1 X User guide
Now the SWR can vary depending of location, metallic objects within the immediate vicinity of the antenna and antenna elevation. The elevation above ground was between 1/2 diameter to a full diameter of the P-LOOP 2.0.
RFinder has worked with the DMR network Brandmeister to create new usability enhancements. The new dashboard just released includes coverage maps gene... Read more
Although there are ways of messaging people with the Apple Watch — either with Siri dictation, or using pre-written responses and emojis — as far as I... Read more
The new Islands on the Air (IOTA) program website is targeted to launch officially in early September, when the current Radio Society of Great Britain... Read more
It took just 4 days — some of that time without much sleep — but ARRL member Gabe Zeifman, NJ7H/VE6NJH, of Oklahoma City recently became the first rad... Read more
Motorola Solutions this week ratcheted up its legal battle with competitor Hytera, filing new patent infringement complaints in Germany against both H... Read more
Radio amateurs from several states will gather in southern Illinois on August 17-21 to operate special event station W9E, leading up to and during the... Read more
A revised FCC Form 605 — Quick-Form Application for Authorization in the Ship, Aircraft, Amateur, Restricted and Commercial Operator, and General Mobi... Read more
This is a high-gain, wideband OWA (Optimised Wideband Array) Yagi which covers the whole of the 20mband with an SWR of less than1.1:1. It has options... Read more
New products: EXPERT SPE 1.5K-FA Amplifier and AMB-01 Remote Antenna Switch SPIDERBEAM – ANTENA “AERIAL-51” LOW BAND SYSTEMS BHI FLE... Read more
The Amateur Radio Parity Act was introduced in the US Senate on July 12, marking another step forward for this landmark legislation. Senators Roger Wi... Read more
“We are Zechariah (WX4TVJ), Faith Hannah (AE4FH), Hope (KM4IPF), and Grace (KM4TXT) and we have been Hams for a couple of years now. We have a Y... Read more
The bhi ParaPro EQ20 product range features a 20W modular audio power amplifier with a parametric equaliser plus the option of having bhi’s latest dua... Read more
JVC Kenwood Co., Ltd. will release 70 special limited HF / 50 MHz transceiver “TS-590SG 70” with a “TRIO” logo as a model comm... Read more
The resurrected 25-MHz signal of time and frequency standard station WWV is now emanating from a circularly polarized turnstile antenna. WWV had used... Read more
The Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) program is planning a slow-scan television (SSTV) event starting on Thursday, July 20, an... Read more
Product description Specification： General 1. Frequency Range:VHF:136-174MHz UHF:400-480MHz 2. Number of Channel:200 3.Channel Spacing:25KHz 20K 12... Read more
“We are pleased to announce a price reduction for the RSP1 to $99.95 USD making it the most competitive mid-range SDR to include reception down... Read more
A recent flurry of FCC Enforcement Bureau correspondence to alleged unlicensed broadcasters has targeted at least one more radio amateur — this time i... Read more
Microwave Update (MUD) 2017 has issued a call for papers and presentations on the technical and operational aspects of microwave Amateur Radio communi... Read more