“Two Chinese companies, Radioddity and Baofeng, have teamed up to bring you the US$75 dual-band FM/DMR radio housed in the old UV-5R package. The video provides additional material to help understand DMR, and shows how to program the radio, and includes a sample QSO”
Baofeng RD-5R is a cooperation model and “RD” represents Radioddity, who is the only distributor to honor the manufacturer waranty. RD-5R continues the classic functions of UV-5R’s FM radio and VFO mode. Besides, it is decided to meet all your needs when using or learning DMR with the most cost-effective price. Now for the person who wants everything in one small neat package and just entering into DMR this is it!
Supports Digital & Analogue Mode：
As a radio operating under DMR system, Radioddity x Baofeng RD-5R is perfectly compatible with both digital and analogue mode. It can smoothly turn from one into the other. Radioddity X BAOFENG RD-5R can communicate with Motorola DMR Radios, it can also support DMR repeater function: both DMR Tier I and Tier II.
1. Text receiving and sending with at most 64 characters.
2. Manual programming: Support VFO Mode
3. Frequency editing under Channel mode
4. Digital Monitor Mode: support communication when frequency, time clot and color code is paired, regardless of Contact ID, RX Group list
5. Customize shortcut keys: including long-press and short-press with Side Keys. Edit shortcut keys with Programming Software.
6. FM Radio
7. LED Flashlight
8. Support analog repeaters and digital ones
9. Driver-free programming cable, plug and play
10. With SMA-Male antenna base, compatible with all SMA-Female antennas
11. Dual-standby and dual display
12. The radio has the ability to operate on GMRS, FRS and listen in on public safety. (Not in all areas)
Analog & Digital DMR Tier I & II
Battery Capacity: 1800 mAh, 7.4V 13.3W/hs
Black-and-white LCD screen with high definition
Contact ID: 256
RX Group: 64, each group has 16 contact ID
Zone: 250, each zone has 16 channels
Scan list: 250, each scan list has 32 channels
Messi & Paoloni – Notwithstanding its small dimension (7,3 mm) its performances are so good to outperform RG 213/U (10,2 mm) and put into sh... Read more
Transceiver direct conversion, short-wave, all-band. QRPver Minion Mini DC-3001 This is a small-size multi-band short-wave QRP transceiver. The transc... Read more
Hybrid Quad Antenna Electrical Specifications Operating Bands- 10,15,20 Meters Forward Gain (Ref. Dipole)- 10M-6.0 dBd., 15M-5.5 dBd., 20M-4.4 dBd. SW... Read more
HF Log Periodic Antenna – Frequency Range 3.0 – 30.0 MHz The LP-1005 antenna array is designed for medium and long range high fr... Read more
The RECON provides a multipurpose antenna system, which can be configured to launch your signal in the manner as circumstances require. Many short-ran... Read more
“N6XI made a presentation to NCCC featuring the N1MM+ Spectrum Display. It covers why you would want to use a spectrum display and why it is bet... Read more