“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
The TYT TH-9000 is the Amateur compliant transceiver, with commercial grade features. This radio can be used on the BC Forest Logging Roads, and can... Read more
Quantun QP-2100 VHF and UHF Key Features Frequency Range: 400-470 MHz UHF / 136-174 MHz VHF 4/5 W 1,000 Channels 12.5 KHz Channel Spacing DTMF... Read more
Samhoo is delighted to formally launch Digital Trunking Portable SPH6000 product serial, which is fully compliant with ETSI DMR Tier 3 & PD... Read more
TH-D74 The long-awaited “APRS” & “D-STAR”. To the dictates of the sensibility, to a new investment style. PRS communicati... Read more
Ham Radio 2.0: Episode 20 As a follow up to Episode 5, this video shows you how to program a repeater channel into the radio and save it into the memo... Read more
There is no shortage of ways to deploy a Chameleon Hybrid-mini/micro antenna! In this video, I will show you some of the most common ways to deploy a... Read more
by Vinod Es “Well after a long time I am back with a new project ! This is an attempt to build an Antenna rotator controller using Arduino Mega... Read more
The worlds lightest commercial G3TXQ Hexbeam at only 6KG specially designed with DX-peditions in mind. Main antenna features: THIS IS NOT A KIT, ready... Read more
“Hope (KM4IPF) talks about the Radiowavz Sentinel Expedition Hex Beam that she and her siblings have been using. They have come up with a few ti... Read more
Some of the Hexbeams features are: 6 bands: 20m – 6m Full size 2 Elements on each band No lossy traps or coils Bespoke HIGH power wire elements... Read more
The KL-1 consists of a sophisticated and sturdy Main Unit and a Desk Top Controller with five meters (HV, IP, IG, FWD, and REF). The LCD displays BAND... Read more
CQmaps – Professional Maps for Amateur Radio, is extremely happy to offer the Amateur Radio community a truly helpful station aid for your Yaesu... Read more
decoder translates and displays the tones of a telegraph or teletype signal on a display of alphanumeric characters. Only required to run a connection... Read more
OM-Power 4001A Fully Automatic HF Amplifier New OM 4001A product will soon be available in the market, let’s wait Our website will be upd... Read more
“General 3D shared with me an ingenious solution. It’s a small plastic stand that he designed that custom fits the base of any Baofeng UV-5R bod... Read more