“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
Motorola Solutions continues to design digital radio solutions for firefighters and has added the APX 8000XE two-way radio and APX XE500 RSM to its li... Read more
High power of the transmitted output 5W Specified low-power automotive operation was difficult in the transceiver, and effective in calling area expan... Read more
3CPX1500 6 METERS 2500W RF AMPLIFIER Read more
Quantun QP-2100 VHF and UHF Key Features Frequency Range: 400-470 MHz UHF / 136-174 MHz VHF 4/5 W 1,000 Channels 12.5 KHz Channel Spacing DTMF... Read more
“We had an opportunity recently to provide a unique duplexer system. The customer needed a single antenna feed line for two repeaters. This solu... Read more
In the 1936 March issue of QST, Yardley Beers, W3AWH, described an antenna designed by his friend, Mr. H. J. Siegel, W3EDP. The design was based on th... Read more
Our wire antenna tensioner is a high quality variable tensioning device that absorbs the shock on amateur radio antennas when the support trees sway i... Read more
2 x el G0KSC / InnovAntennas rigid quads with additional parasitic reflector. 16.64dBi/14.48dBd when placed 20′ (5m) above average ground with m... Read more
W8JK by ZR6TXA The W8JK is a famous and effective DX antenna The W8JK Introduction The W8JK is a famous and effective DX antenna, first built b... Read more
An Isotron Antenna Solves Virtually Any Restricted Space Problem – For example, a 40 Meter Isotron measures only 22 inches x 16 inches x 15 inch... Read more
YAESU FT-410 features General Rx Frequency Range: 30 kHz – 30 MHz (operating) 160 – 10 m (specified performance, Amateur bands only) Tx Frequency Ra... Read more
ICOM IC-R8600 Features Ultra-wide frequency coverage (10kHz-3GHz) with RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication) function Fast moving, real-time spec... Read more
Power & SWR LED bar graphs with peak/hold Four power ranges with auto/manual selection Up to 2 remote sensors with selection switch Compact size:... Read more
The ACOM 3x2000A The ACOM 3x2000A is a HF power splitter / combiner which is a passive device designed to sum the outputs of three HF linear am... Read more
A full-featured spectrum analyzer for less than half the price of a conventional unit. It’s compact, weighs just 1.3 pounds, takes little space on you... Read more