“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
Alinco FM Mobile Monoband Transceivers are the perfect choice for Amateur Radio operators. Whether you desire 10 meters, 6 meters, VHF, UHF or extende... Read more
Network-radios.com and Boxchip created this amazing campaign! The S700A is a hybrid android radio that allows 100% coverage: via 3G/4G/LTE/WiFi/VHF or... Read more
Now you can go digital on the road with the TYT MD-9600 DMR Digital Mobile Two Way Radio! The MD-9600 gives you the crystal clear, noise-free audio of... Read more
What is a Cross-Network Gateway? It enables voice communications among the Radio, VoIP, and Public Announce (PA) networks. It incorporates Radio over... Read more
SpecificationFeaturesAccessories S15 Rugged Outdoor phone Specification Basic Parameter Model Rangerfone S15 Color Black Design Bar OS Android... Read more
Super vertical Vertical antenna for the low bands with differential reactance Configurations: 40/80 – 30/40/80 – 40/80/160... Read more
“I have wanted to try 2 meter SSB mobile for some time but did not have a horizontally polarized antenna to try it out. Since I had success buil... Read more
Antenna for 435MHz Skew-Planar antenna has had little attention in the amateur radio community despite being present in QST by Robert H.... Read more
MonoBeam Yagi MB7 The MB7 10-15-20-40 is a quad band antenna for 7 MHz, 14 MHz, 21 MHz and 28 MHz with loading coil and capacitive hat for 40m only. T... Read more
R&S®M3TR Software Defined Radios The challenge Today’s military missions are characterized by joint operations of multinational armed forces... Read more
Travel headset The newest edition headset from Radiosport – The SuperLIght Flex Boom-Mic headset. The perfect companion for your SmartPhone, T... Read more
EK1C 3 band QRP CW transceiver for 20, 30, 40 meters. 5 watts power output from 12 VDC. Internal keyer, extended receive coverage, sold as an assemb... Read more
George Thomas, W5JDX, of Ham Nation and AmateurLogic.tv provides an in depth review of the Icom IC-9100 Read more
Introducing the new high precision 600 MHz Antenna Analyzer for measurements of antennas, cables and other one port devices. The new VA5 is a portable... Read more