“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
Firmware upgrade remote VR-6900 can update firmware remotely, fix some bugs when find it Optional APRS VR-6900 support the optional APRS... Read more
The Array Solutions RATPAK System – Remote VHF Antenna Switch Features Six antennas to one feed line All Aluminum WX proof and RF proof construc... Read more
Quantun QP-2100 VHF and UHF Key Features Frequency Range: 400-470 MHz UHF / 136-174 MHz VHF 4/5 W 1,000 Channels 12.5 KHz Channel Spacing DTMF... Read more
“The 2020 VK Summer VHF/UHF Field Day, a ham radio contest was held on the weekend of January 18th and 19th. The contest is split into either an... Read more
Newly released handy transceiver ID-31PLUS for amateur radio which can enjoy long distance communication with D-STAR ® easily Product name / model nu... Read more
Resonant frequency [Resonance frequency]: 28, 21, 14 MHz Frequency [Frequency]: 24, 18 MHz Logoperiodic Number of elements [Number of elements]... Read more
Ray is installing a Four-Square system using four of the DX Engineering DXE-7580FS-VA-2 Vertical antennas at the Eastport, Maine site. Brand:DX Engine... Read more
Inac Antenna AH-2054 antenna is a high performance halo. Supports a high level of radio frequency between 160 and 360W. It covers the HF bands higher,... Read more
MFJ-225 HF/VHF Two-Port Graphic Antenna AnalyzerTake RF testing to the next level with the new MFJ-225! All the basic analyzerfunctions you`ve... Read more
XR44COPA – Copa América 2015 Special Call celebrationof Copa América Chile 2015 Team Chilean Pacific Dx Group worked : XR44COPA 2015 CE3MMT -CE3... Read more
AMPTEC LA4000 HF Power Amplifier , designed for use on all short wave amateur bands from 1.8 to 29.7 MHz , including WARC bands and all modes. It is e... Read more
Radioenge – RA-S1 Rotor controller RA-S1 is a digital controller for controlling rotor azimuthal position Features Speed control by PWM (Pulse W... Read more
The BT1500A 1500 watt balanced antenna tuner is the only 1500 Watt, Double-L Network antenna tuner on the market today covering 20m to 160m (25... Read more