“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
Juentai JT-6188 Product Description The JT-6188 MINI UV Dual Band Radio provides you with a reliable, clear and efficient communications servi... Read more
Yaesu FTM-7250DR C4FM/FM 50W 144/ 430MHz Digital AMS The new Yaesu FTM-7250DR is a compact and ruggedly built C4FM/FM 144/430MHz Dual Band 50W Transc... Read more
Product Description Frequency 136-174 and 400-480MHz (Any 10MHZ frequency space or frequency point selectable,such as VHF: 140-150mhz&UH... Read more
The Wouxun KG-B55 Dual Band UHF/VHF base station combines the ever popular KG-UV920P-A dual band mobile radio with dedicated a power supply int... Read more
TYT just released the first ever image of the upcoming TYT MD-2017 dual band DMR handheld radio. TYT MD-2017 Dual Band DMR Dual time slot for point to... Read more
The EMCOMM III Base antenna, is an effective multi-band High Frequency (HF) antenna specially designed for short to long range base station HF communi... Read more
Antenna RQ-26H- preset “Cubical Quad” on the bands 6, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20 m with heavy duty design. It uses the most advanced composite mat... Read more
“I went to my friends house to check out his setup and get him up and running on some HF digital modes. A lot of hams are struggling in an HOA w... Read more
All Alpha Antennas are handmade & built to order. We appreciate your pride & patience in your antenna system as it is prepared. The Alpha MOTO... Read more
SD330 HF Screwdriver Mobile Antenna Specifications: Bands: 3.5 – 30MHz Power Supply voltage & current: DC 12v 100mA Max Power Rating: 200W... Read more
The TSG4100A Series RF Vector Signal Generator offers mid-range performance and up to 200 MHz modulation bandwidth at an entry-level RF signal generat... Read more
DB1NTO APRS Transceiver After a few months of development, I can now imagine the presumably world’s smallest APRS transceiver. It is not only ab... Read more
UPDATE 12/19/20114 0704Z Visit for complete information and photos : http://qrznow.com/icom-ic-7851-new-photos-manual/ Icom IC-7851 HF/6m Amate... Read more
CloudIQ The Cloud-IQ is the latest high performance software defined receiver from RFSPACE. The Cloud-IQ offers two modes of operation.... Read more
IC 9700 – 144, 430/440, 1200 MHz ALL MODE TRANSCEIVER Read more