As well as have three working demonstration units of the forthcoming IC-9700 VHF/UHF/1.2GHz transceiver, Icom Inc. will be unveiling other product innovations at the Tokyo Hamfair, taking place in Ariake, Tokyo on August 25th -26th.
They will be showing:
– IC-9700 (three working demonstration units)
– RS-BA1 Version 2 (Full dual band compatible)
– IC-7610 with updated firmware for I/Q output (demonstration with HDSDR + CW skimmer + N1MM Logger+ / CTESTWIN)
– IC-R30 new firmware and RS-R30A/I remote control software for iOS and Android
– “AI Speaker” demonstration (concept only: controls radios via voice command using Amazon Alexa service)Icom Inc. has kept this information under wraps, so we don’t know too much at the moment. As soon as we have more details we will post them on all our media channels.Please note that these products are only demonstration/prototype versions, and we will confirm final product features, cost and availability as soon as we have them.
Jim W6LG uses a signal generator and a panadapter to measure the loss in 30 coax connectors at 14 and 52 mhz down to a fraction of a db. You might be... Read more
LBC8ARD 8 DIRECTION CONTROLLER programmable for any remote relay switches and controlers; Easily programmable to control equipment of: LowBandSystems... Read more
The Doctor offers advice about antenna options for the upcoming ARRL Field Day. Read more
With an eye toward helping new and inexperienced hams enjoy the full range of activities that Amateur Radio has to offer, Hamvention® and the ARRL 201... Read more
ARRL and the FCC have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that paves the way to implement the new and enhanced Volunteer Monitor program. The m... Read more
ARRL is rolling back Outgoing QSL Bureau rates to 2011 levels. Effective May 15, 2019, the new rates will be: $2 for 10 or fewer cards in one envelope... Read more