In February 24 of the current year, a new Regulation for Radio Amateurs in Uruguay enters into force.
This new rules are being updated accordingly with international regulations and developments.
Radio Club Uruguayo highlights the following improvements:
• The bands and the sub-bands are adopted according to the recently updated IARU R2 band plan.
• New bands are authorized:
o 660m from 472 to 479kHz
o 60m from 5,351.5 to 5,366.5
o 6mm from 47 to 47.2 GHz
o 4mm from 77.5 to 78 GHz
• Frequency allocation is extended on 80m from 3,500 to 4,000 kHz and on 160m from 1,800 to 2,000 kHz
• New amateur radio bands are allocated in SHF (micro waves) and reserved them for future amateur radio satellites.
• It creates the category “BEGGINER” (novices) giving new amateurs the possibility of easy access.
• Exam questionnaires have been updated, eliminating technical questions (circuits) and replacing them with current issues and operating procedures.
• It creates a training program for new radio amateurs with mandatory operational practice on 80, 40, 10 and 2 meters.
• CV and CW prefixes are now available for permanent licenses.
• The maximum emission power for the “SUPERIOR” category is set at 1500W PEP.
• The possibility of adding future digital and digital voice communications systems is left open.
• It establishes the procedures for foreigners to apply and renew their licenses.
• Reciprocal permits are maintained for non-resident foreign amateur radio.
The official text of the new Regulation (available only in Spanish) can be found in the following link: https://goo.gl/CqYYZs
The Executive Committee of IARU Region 2 would like to congratulate Radio Club Uruguayo for it participation in the development of this new and avant-garde set of rules
Source: IARU R2
AnyTone AT-D868UV Today, Qixiang Electron Science & Technology Co., Ltd, the Chinese manufacturer that produces the AnyTone line of two-way radios, announced its intention to release the AnyTone AT-D868UV, a dual-band VHF (136 –... Read more
This demonstrates turning an Android Tablet (or Android Phone) into a highly portable comms receiver or spectrum analyzer operating from Long Wave to... Read more
Repeater Database “RepeaterBook – The Free Repeater Directory for the USA and Canada. Powered by the popular community database of... Read more
Where is your signal being heard? Is your antenna working? What is the status of the band? Check out this video to learn about the PSK reporter websit... Read more
Here’s a short demonstration on the new digital mode FT-8 developed by K1JT & K9AN. Part of the WSJT-X software suite. We’ll go over h... Read more
Digital Modem can encode/decode BPSK31/63, RTTY, QPSK and CWmodes without PC, specially for portable digital communication。With its internal high perf... Read more