In February 24 of the current year, a new Regulation for Radio Amateurs in Uruguay enters into force.
This new rules are being updated accordingly with international regulations and developments.
Radio Club Uruguayo highlights the following improvements:
• The bands and the sub-bands are adopted according to the recently updated IARU R2 band plan.
• New bands are authorized:
o 660m from 472 to 479kHz
o 60m from 5,351.5 to 5,366.5
o 6mm from 47 to 47.2 GHz
o 4mm from 77.5 to 78 GHz
• Frequency allocation is extended on 80m from 3,500 to 4,000 kHz and on 160m from 1,800 to 2,000 kHz
• New amateur radio bands are allocated in SHF (micro waves) and reserved them for future amateur radio satellites.
• It creates the category “BEGGINER” (novices) giving new amateurs the possibility of easy access.
• Exam questionnaires have been updated, eliminating technical questions (circuits) and replacing them with current issues and operating procedures.
• It creates a training program for new radio amateurs with mandatory operational practice on 80, 40, 10 and 2 meters.
• CV and CW prefixes are now available for permanent licenses.
• The maximum emission power for the “SUPERIOR” category is set at 1500W PEP.
• The possibility of adding future digital and digital voice communications systems is left open.
• It establishes the procedures for foreigners to apply and renew their licenses.
• Reciprocal permits are maintained for non-resident foreign amateur radio.
The official text of the new Regulation (available only in Spanish) can be found in the following link: https://goo.gl/CqYYZs
The Executive Committee of IARU Region 2 would like to congratulate Radio Club Uruguayo for it participation in the development of this new and avant-garde set of rules
Source: IARU R2
DX Records VHF /UHF / SHF Distance Records Claimed North American Distance Records as of June 4, 2014. List maintained by Al Ward, W5LUA. Send corrections and additions to email@example.com. North American Amateur Television (ATV) DX re... Read more
DX Hunter – The amateur radio App for DX-enthusiasts Description DX-Hunter is an application for amateur radio operators, short wave listeners a... Read more
“Hi all, Many of us have made many QSOs using the new 77-bit messages on 7.078 and 14.078 MHz. Overall the results have been good — but no... Read more
“Are you tired of PSK31? Are you sick of FT8? Is RTTY just a bunch of contesting anymore? At last, I finally finished this video and started ano... Read more
“Howdy Folks, I’m excited to bring you the next development version of FT8Call, version 0.5, and boy do I have some fun stuff included i... Read more