ModMic Attachable Boom Microphone. A High quality electret microphone on a boom that attaches to any headphones to create your perfect headset.
You need a headset with a boom microphone but don’t want the headphones that come with it …
You love your noise cancelling headphones but it is not a headset because it lacks a high quality microphone …
The ModMic originated from this dilemma. Its an attachable / detachable boom microphone using a uni-directional capsule with good noise-cancelling making it perfect to be used in a noisy environment.
For DXing and contesting the ModMic is the perfect solution. Attach it you your favourite noise cancelling headphones and you have the perfect ham radio headset with a high quality communications microphone.
Its characteristics makes it pick up more of you and less of the room by attenuating the background noise from amplifier fans, street noise, other operators etc.
See our application note describing how to set your EQ for the SunSDR2 to get that crisp and punch when busting pileups. The ModMic works with any radio supporting an electret microphone, see our application note for the Elecraft K3 here.
- One ModMic
- Two base clasps, one top clasp with cap
- One extra 3M pad for re-attachment of base clasp.
- One foam pop filter
- Alcohol wipe
- 5 cable clips (not in pictures)
- Carrying case
- Jack: 3.5mm plated TRS for use with SunSDR2, SunSDR MB1 and PCs. Also workes with Elecraft K3 and other radios.
- Cable: 3.3 meters length, 2.5 mm diameter, coaxial shielding.
- Boom: 175mm max length, very bendable with internal steel spine.
- Clasp: 12.7mm (0.5 inch) diameter circle adhesive pad footprint, ~17.5mm total height of attached clasp assembly.
- Pattern: Uni-directional
- Sensitivity: -38 ± 3 dB
- Response: 100 Hz–10 kHz
- SNR: >50+ dB
- Impedance: 2.2 KΩ
- Operating Voltage: 1 to 10V
- Max current at 2.0V: 500 µA
- Max input SPL: 110 dB
- 54.90 €
See More: Link