The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paradan Radio Antenna Disconnect Reduce the chance of station equipment damage from lightning or static charges. The Antenna Disconnect automatically disconnects the antenna from your radio and grounds the antenna. It prevents static-discharge, surges, and lightning-st... Read more
- VHF/UHF antenna polarization and testing
- Radials on Vertical Antenna Systems
- JK402-PICCOLO 2 Elements on 40M / 18 Foot Boom
- All-Band 80-10 Meter End-Fed Half-wave Antennas – MFJ 1982,1984
- SteppIR UrbanBeam Yagi antenna
- 6-160 Meter Alpha S9 Spun Fiberglass Antenna
- Chameleon Portable HF Antenna Deployment Configurations
- G3TXQ 6 Band Hexbeam 40m single element add on kit
- HF Loop Antennas – ARRL The Doctor is In [ PodCast ]
- Universal DIY Carbon VHF Yagi Antenna
- Tape Measure Yagi Beam Antenna – Ham Radio Q&A
- Pro-Loop Antenna Kits – ZMXloop
- Topband: Webinar – Waller Flag RX Antenna 101 – How to Construct a WF
- Stealth Antennas [ PodCast ] – Everything Ham Radio
- The New Hy-Gain BOLP-1013 Band Optimised Log Periodic Array by G0KSC
- MULTIBAND H-POLE – VERTICAL WIRE ANTENNA FOR 160m – 10m by HB9MTN
- TETRA 15-17-20-40 m – Yagi Antenna
- Touch Screen Antenna Controller
- Cheap, Quick, Easy to Build, Works Great QRP Portable Antenna!
- Building A Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna
Craig Thompson, K9CT “Planning Your Contest Station.” Craig will reveal lessons learned from building the K9CT contest station. He takes u... Read more
Heavy Duty, Super Accurate (Under 1 Degree Resolution) Tower Mounted Ring Rotator for Rohn 45 / 55 Towers – NEW FOR 2015! o you want to g... Read more
Amateur Radio weather spotters were on alert April 9 as severe weather and at least two tornadoes ripped through North-Central Illinois. At lea... Read more
Amateur Radio \ Brochures \ HF/Satellite Transceivers and Amps FT-891 Brochure ( 1.76 MB ) Amateur Radio \ Manuals \ HF/Satellite Transceivers... Read more
The PowerGenius XL is a 100% duty cycle, legal limit (1500W ICAS) 1.8-54 MHz RF amplifier intended for both amateur and government use. It incorporat... Read more
Read great article from K6UFO and ND2T – Operating Remotely in the 2014 Ten-Meter RTTY Contest Read more
If you’re not familiar with full-carrier amplitude modulation (AM) or have never used it on the air, you’ll have a chance during the AM Rally during t... Read more
By JOHN MARKOFF He may have the right stuff, but he got the wrong digits. Timothy Peake, a former British Army Air Corps officer and current European... Read more