The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
DB-46M8EL New Hy-Gain Dual Band 4 Element 6/4m Yagi Designed by Justin Johnson G0KSC renowned antenna designer and known for his LFA and other unique designs. This antenna offers great performance on both 6 and 4 metre bands with a single boom. 8 elements (4 element... Read more
- End-Fed Antennas – The Doctor Will See You Now! ARRL
- Antenna Yagi MB8 15-20 Separate Feed line – MomoBeam
- Paradan Radio Antenna Disconnect
- VHF/UHF antenna polarization and testing
- Radials on Vertical Antenna Systems
- JK402-PICCOLO 2 Elements on 40M / 18 Foot Boom
- All-Band 80-10 Meter End-Fed Half-wave Antennas – MFJ 1982,1984
- SteppIR UrbanBeam Yagi antenna
- 6-160 Meter Alpha S9 Spun Fiberglass Antenna
- Chameleon Portable HF Antenna Deployment Configurations
- G3TXQ 6 Band Hexbeam 40m single element add on kit
- HF Loop Antennas – ARRL The Doctor is In [ PodCast ]
- Universal DIY Carbon VHF Yagi Antenna
- Tape Measure Yagi Beam Antenna – Ham Radio Q&A
- Pro-Loop Antenna Kits – ZMXloop
- Topband: Webinar – Waller Flag RX Antenna 101 – How to Construct a WF
- Stealth Antennas [ PodCast ] – Everything Ham Radio
- The New Hy-Gain BOLP-1013 Band Optimised Log Periodic Array by G0KSC
- MULTIBAND H-POLE – VERTICAL WIRE ANTENNA FOR 160m – 10m by HB9MTN
- TETRA 15-17-20-40 m – Yagi Antenna
DV4Mobile All Mode Digital Tri-Band (2M, 222MHz, 440MHz) Receiver plus LTE GPS V4Mobile All Mode Digital Tri-Band (2M, 222MHz, 440MHz) Receiver plus L... Read more
“The Intrepid DX Group is pleased to announce that all of our plans are moving forward very well. We are testing and re-testing our gear one last time... Read more
Eustace Earhart Discovery Expedition team on board the Mermaid Vigilance, contacted Astronaut Shane Kimbrough, KE5HOD, on the ISS
On the search for Amelia Earhart’s plane this week, members of the Eustace Earhart Discovery Expedition team on board the Mermaid Vigilance, con... Read more
Some things to think about when you set up your first ham radio station operating position. A quick look at Larry WD0AKX’s console. ... Read more
The US Naval Academy has received IARU satellite frequency coordination for HFsat, a 1.5 U CubeSat with a 15- to 10-meter linear transponder with a 30... Read more