The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no shortage of ways to deploy a Chameleon Hybrid-mini/micro antenna! In this video, I will show you some of the most common ways to deploy a Chameleon Antenna. Chameleon AntennaTM Hybrid – Mini / Micro Portable High Frequency (HF) Antenna (CHA HYBRID-MINI... Read more
- G3TXQ 6 Band Hexbeam 40m single element add on kit
- HF Loop Antennas – ARRL The Doctor is In [ PodCast ]
- Universal DIY Carbon VHF Yagi Antenna
- Tape Measure Yagi Beam Antenna – Ham Radio Q&A
- Pro-Loop Antenna Kits – ZMXloop
- Topband: Webinar – Waller Flag RX Antenna 101 – How to Construct a WF
- Stealth Antennas [ PodCast ] – Everything Ham Radio
- The New Hy-Gain BOLP-1013 Band Optimised Log Periodic Array by G0KSC
- MULTIBAND H-POLE – VERTICAL WIRE ANTENNA FOR 160m – 10m by HB9MTN
- TETRA 15-17-20-40 m – Yagi Antenna
- Touch Screen Antenna Controller
- Cheap, Quick, Easy to Build, Works Great QRP Portable Antenna!
- Building A Multi-Band HF Dipole Antenna
- MONO 3 40 MOXON
- Vertical Dipole Array by OH1TV
- W4OP Loop Antenna
- A New Way to compare HF antennas
- Momobeam MB17 10/15/20/40 m – Yagi Antenna
- The W8JK is a famous and effective DX Antenna
- Ham College 24 : Antennas and more questions from the Technician pool
BY BBC News “This is the Wartime Broadcasting Service. This country has been attacked with nuclear weapons. Communications have been severely di... Read more
by Kathleen Shatt Margaret Holly Bevan is on the air every weekday morning by 6 a.m. She covers it all – weather, traffic reports, everything except p... Read more
Glenn Fowler, N5TDJ, of Allen, Texas, reported via Facebook that Amateur Radio served him well on August 4. “We were on a treacherous Jeep trip up at... Read more
Event celebrating 450 years of the city of Rio de Janeiro PQ450RIO The city of Rio de Janeiro complete this March / 2015, 450 years of existenc... Read more
Ham Radio 2.0: Episode 20 As a follow up to Episode 5, this video shows you how to program a repeater channel into the radio and save it into the memo... Read more
Enigma Reloaded 2016, September 17 to October 1, will promote Amateur Radio and celebrate the history of the Enigma cipher machine and its crucial rol... Read more
Nine Amateur Radio satellites will be among 20 satellites set to launch on September 18 from China. China Amateur Satellite Group CAMSAT CEO Alan Kung... Read more
Now that the ARRL’s new Legislative Issues Advocacy Fund is in place, ARRL Hudson Division Director Mike Lisenco, N2YBB — who proposed the fund... Read more