The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: email@example.com
Description A 5 element Long Boom (2.1m) LFA-Q (Super-rigid Quad-style) Super-Light Quad Style Yagi for 144 – 145MHz The LFA-Q Packs a bigger punch than a traditional Yagi with MUCH MORE GAIN per metre of boom If it is GAIN you want from a small boom, this is t... Read more
- 5 Elements wire yagi for 80m
- BIG SIGNAL 2BS-5B – 5 band antenna
- 4EL 40M @ 190′ [ VIDEO ]
- Beverage Antennas [ ARRL PODCAST ]
- SteppIR BigIR Concept and Unboxing
- Wireless Loop Antenna Amplifier
- The Hyper EZ Hang Kit
- Radio Direction Finder DF2020T
- The PackTenna Mini 9:1 Random Wire Antenna Antenna
- SmartSDR for iOS v3.06.02 Now Available
- The QuirkyQRP SlinkTenna Review
- Adjustiwave Antenna – 80m through 2m
- New Antenna Uses Saltwater and Plastic to Steer Radio Beams
- Building a Delta Loop Antenna For The 30m Band, Part 1.
- SteppIR CrankIR First Tests + News and Update
- The Legendary G5RV Antenna – ARRL The Doctor is In podcast
- BUILDING A DIY 2.4 GHZ HELICAL FEED FOR THE QO-100/ES’HAIL-2 SATELLITE
- 3/3 (6) element 50/70MHz Yagi (1.2m)
- JVP Antennas back to the market!
- UltraLight MLA antenna ver. 4 designed for lower HF bands.
The new Islands on the Air (IOTA) program website is targeted to launch officially in early September, when the current Radio Society of Great Britain... Read more
The Hurricane Watch Net (HWN) will activate at 1700 UTC today in anticipation that Tropical Cyclone Franklin — which the National Hurricane Center is... Read more
Huntsville, Alabama, November 22, 2016 GigaParts announced today the release of five new models of amateur radios manufactured by Hytera. Highly rega... Read more
TYT MD-380 UHF 400-480MHZ Digital Radio(DMR) ■Remote kill/stun/activate ■Priority Scan ■Voice Prompt ■Complying with digital protocol ETSI TS10... Read more
More than forty 4th and 5th graders at the Dorothy Grant Elementary School in Fontana, CA belong to the K6DGE Ham Club, run by their teacher, Beverly... Read more
“We’re setting up for Winter Field Day and testing out the Chameleon Emcomm III Portable HF Antenna.” CHAMELEON ANTENNA EMCOMM-III P... Read more
Bucks County High School Students Speak With Astronaut Aboard International Space Station Read more
The new version of the well known Shared Apex Loop Array, the SAL-30 Mark II is here. The four vertical sides of the loops have been replaced by a sin... Read more