The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Jim Heath W6LG shows his newly installed antenna and tower at his residence. The tower has a maximum height of 30 feet as restricted by Placer County Ordinances as show in the County General Plan and adopted by the City Rocklin. The tower rotates because it sits... Read more
- Mobile Ham Radio Installations : From Jeep Wrangler To Motorhome
- Ham Radio Antenna Project: Ham Sticks on a Motorcycle!
- 2.4 GHz Dual Feed Helix Antenna For QO100
- UltraLight Magnetic Loop Antenna – NEW Original Packaging!
- Shakesphere INFL8-HAM Inflatable Dual Band Antenna – Sota – Emergency – Portable
- SUPER VERTICAL 8 ULTRA HF 4-6-10-11*-12-15-17-20-30-4
- Easily Check Your Antennas Tuning – VNA N1201SA / PS100
- CrankIR from SteppIR – Portable Ham Radio Antenna
- Indoor Antennas That Work! – Ham Nation 460
- $35 Airspy YouLoop Passive Antenna Review
- Moonraker GPA-RX HF Antenna 2 – 90 Mhz
- Erecting the EFHW-8010 End-fed Half Wave Antenna and Initial Testing
- Antenna Design and Measurement Software
- MULTIBAND VERTICAL PORTABLE ANTENNA – home made
- MLA-30 Active HF Loop Antenna
- Off Center Fed Dipole (OCF) Antenna
- Antenna beam 2 elements 80m (Monobander)
- Unboxing the MyAntennas EFHW-80-10 End Fed Antenna
- Super Antenna MP1
- Homemade 4M (70MHz) Delta Loop Antenna
The IC-M423G is an enhanced version of the IC-M423 fixed mount VHF/DSC with some new enhancements including an integrated GPS Receiver which allows cu... Read more
With just 6 months to go until Hamvention® debuts at its new Greene County Fairgrounds and Event Center venue in Xenia, Ohio, May 19-21, General Chair... Read more
RatPak VHF – Six antenna 1 kW remote switch for 2 meters VHF band without controller, N-type connectors
The Array Solutions RATPAK System – Remote VHF Antenna Switch Features Six antennas to one feed line All Aluminum WX proof and RF proof construc... Read more
Amateur Radio Digital Communications (ARDC), owner and manager of AMPRNet, has announced what’s being called “a very generous grant” to Amateur Radio... Read more
Technical Specifications 1 MHz to 1000 MHz. Bandwidth 160 kHz. Modulation types AM, WFM, NFM, LSB, USB. Powered by one Li-ion cell. Consumption up to... Read more
Several special event stations are on the air to mark 75 years since the end of World War II. In the UK, GB4VVV (“V for victory”), and G0SFJ will oper... Read more
“This is where you start. Video #1. I have done a quick video on each one of the HF bands to educate the newcomer to the hobby or for anyone who... Read more