The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARRL has announced the winners of the 2018 QST Antenna Design Competition. “Dozens of entries were received, but only three could win,” said QST Editor Steve Ford, WB8IMY. Requirements for the 2018 QST Antenna Design Competition included an... Read more
- R7AB’s 12 el 14 Mhz band yagi. Boom lenght 40m. Selfsupported tower 42 m high
- Tarheel Mobile HF Antennas – Model 200A-HP
- Hy-Gain AV-680 9 Band Vertical Update Video
- SteppIR UrbanBeam and SDA 2000 – full review (HF antenna)
- InnovAntennas 5/7 (12) element 144/70MHz Yagi (2.4m)
- 9+ BAND HEXTENNA™ FULL-SIZE HF+2M/220/440MHZ
- Bushcomm Ranger HF-2 – Portable HF Antennas
- Do You Really Need a Tower? [ ARRL PODCAST ]
- Building a 40 Meter Rotatable Dipole
- Elecraft AX1 Multi-Band Whip Antenna
- MONO 5 20- is a fullsize antenna for the 5 el band of 20 meters
- SteppIR UrbanBeam, “Step by Step” Assembly and Installation
- 20′ DX Flagpole Antenna | OCF HF Vertical Dipole | 3.5 to 50 MHz No Radials, Stealth, Portable
- NVIS Antennas – DXE-NVIS-8040S – DX Engineering
- JK2040-Hawk – Yagi antenna of 5 elements for the 20 m band and 3 elements for the 40 m band on a 40 foot (12.19 m) boom
- KE4PT and W4RQ Win the September QST Cover Plaque Award
- Attic Mounted HF Loop Antenna In HOA, Does It Work?
- Installation of New 3 El for 80 meters in LZ5R
- DX Commander Premium Build – HF Multi-Band Vertical System
- Antennas and Wind [ ARRL The Doctor is In PodCast ]
ARRL has released a “white paper” that provides some context to explain proposed alterations to the Articles Of Association and By Laws that the Execu... Read more
Tropical Storm Nate is now threatening to dump “flooding rains” over portions of Central America, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC). Th... Read more
DXpeditioner Dom Grzyb, 3Z9DX, plans to travel to North Korea later this month to discuss his proposed Amateur Radio operation from that country. Nort... Read more
Antenna Analyzer RigExpert AA-30 and AA-54 are powerful antenna analyzers designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna f... Read more
The Portage County Amateur Radio Service (PCARS) in Ohio recently donated nearly $4000 to support the efforts of the Center of Hope in Ravenna. PCARS... Read more
A wildfire in Alberta, Canada, that began unremarkably on May 1 as “MWF-009” soon ballooned into a major, fast-moving conflagration, owing to hot, dry... Read more
RS-R30 – ICOM After recently being demonstrated at the Tokyo Hamfair, we are pleased to announce that the new RS-R30I (for iOS)/RS-R30A (for An... Read more
ARRL Handbook 2019 (Boxed Set) The 2019 edition of The ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications now is available as a six-volume boxed set in a handsome... Read more