The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: email@example.com
InnovAntennas continue to supply the World’s top DX’ers with large antenna systems with over 55% of sales being into the USA and 10% into Japan. Ray Higgins, W2RE purchased 4 x 6el LFA Yagis (9.5m booms) for 50MHz last year stacking them vertically on a 100... Read more
- MFJ-1835 Cobweb assembly by two beginners
- DIAMOND WD 330S a T2FD Short Antenna 2 – 30MHz
- Tuner free directional HF Multiband Field Expedient Antenna kit
- New Hy-Gain Dual Band 4 Element 6/4m
- End-Fed Antennas – The Doctor Will See You Now! ARRL
- Antenna Yagi MB8 15-20 Separate Feed line – MomoBeam
- Paradan Radio Antenna Disconnect
- VHF/UHF antenna polarization and testing
- Radials on Vertical Antenna Systems
- JK402-PICCOLO 2 Elements on 40M / 18 Foot Boom
- All-Band 80-10 Meter End-Fed Half-wave Antennas – MFJ 1982,1984
- SteppIR UrbanBeam Yagi antenna
- 6-160 Meter Alpha S9 Spun Fiberglass Antenna
- Chameleon Portable HF Antenna Deployment Configurations
- G3TXQ 6 Band Hexbeam 40m single element add on kit
- HF Loop Antennas – ARRL The Doctor is In [ PodCast ]
- Universal DIY Carbon VHF Yagi Antenna
- Tape Measure Yagi Beam Antenna – Ham Radio Q&A
- Pro-Loop Antenna Kits – ZMXloop
- Topband: Webinar – Waller Flag RX Antenna 101 – How to Construct a WF
The just-concluded run of ionospheric investigations conducted from Alaska’s High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) observatory — quit... Read more
Revision history Ver1.68A -> Ver1.70K (K6TU, G3WYW, JA7UDE, AA6YQ) *********************************************************************** –... Read more
The window to apply for ARRL Centennial Points Challenge and W1AW Worked All States awards is now open! The ARRL Centennial operating events we... Read more
News North East News Tyne & Wear It’s 40 years since the CB Radio craze took off across the North East and the UK
BY DAVID MORTON The 1976 number 2 hit single Convoy, by CW McCall, helped spark a CB Radio fad which swept into Britain from the USA Like other crazes... Read more
High Performance, Ultra-Rugged 30m Through 10m 6 Band (With Feedpoint Mounted ATU) Vertical Dipole Under 16 Feet Tall! No Radials! Force 12... Read more
EI3KD and EI4DQ both spotted our 2m beacon from qth locator IO51 for a distance of almost 4200 km. At 15.11 Z of May 20th,2015 rs... Read more
In a July Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) in WT Docket 16-239, the FCC proposed to revise the Amateur Service Part 97 rules in response to the A... Read more
” The ARRL Board of Directors has tweaked the DX Century Club (DXCC) rules to clarify and expand their recognition of remotely controlled statio... Read more