The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: email@example.com
Super vertical Vertical antenna for the low bands with differential reactance Configurations: 40/80 – 30/40/80 – 40/80/160 – 30/40/80/160 Technical data Height 12 m 5kw power 3.5KW power for configurations with 30m Elements diame... Read more
- SAL 30 Mark II Receiving HF antenna by Array Solutions
- C31XR-JK Tribander 10/15/20m – Re-Designed, Optimized & Improved
- InnovAntennas ‘Big Gun’ arrays
- MFJ-1835 Cobweb assembly by two beginners
- DIAMOND WD 330S a T2FD Short Antenna 2 – 30MHz
- Tuner free directional HF Multiband Field Expedient Antenna kit
- New Hy-Gain Dual Band 4 Element 6/4m
- End-Fed Antennas – The Doctor Will See You Now! ARRL
- Antenna Yagi MB8 15-20 Separate Feed line – MomoBeam
- Paradan Radio Antenna Disconnect
- VHF/UHF antenna polarization and testing
- Radials on Vertical Antenna Systems
- JK402-PICCOLO 2 Elements on 40M / 18 Foot Boom
- All-Band 80-10 Meter End-Fed Half-wave Antennas – MFJ 1982,1984
- SteppIR UrbanBeam Yagi antenna
- 6-160 Meter Alpha S9 Spun Fiberglass Antenna
- Chameleon Portable HF Antenna Deployment Configurations
- G3TXQ 6 Band Hexbeam 40m single element add on kit
- HF Loop Antennas – ARRL The Doctor is In [ PodCast ]
- Universal DIY Carbon VHF Yagi Antenna
The Antarctic activation of VI0ANZAC that was postponed earlier this month will take place over the August 29-30 weekend fom Casey Base in the Austral... Read more
CHA P-LOOP (PORTA-LOOP) The CHA P-LOOP was designed with portability, ease of use simplicity, ruggedness and high performance in mind. Unlike any othe... Read more
Amateur Radio Satellites by Hans van de Groenendaaal In the early days of satellites, not many years after the launch of Sputnik One in 1965, amateur... Read more
Waters & Stanton, (W&S) Europe’s Ham store, advise today of a new software release PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR PS v3.3.7 which has many new feat... Read more
James E. Whedbee, N0ECN, of Gladstone, Missouri, has petitioned the FCC to designate Morse (radiotelegraphy) Amateur Radio band segments as “symbol co... Read more
The call M0RSE was first issued in 1991 to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Samuel F.B. Morse’s birth. Since then the call has not been used. In ord... Read more
By Katrina Pascual, Tech Times While they make for stunning images, solar flares could also disturb the atmospheric layer where GPS and communi... Read more
“I will be in Contest University Italy on March 11 http://www.contestuniversityitaly.com/ My presentation will be about Contesting Secrets – 2BS... Read more