The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description Overview It will be 5 elements twin loop antenna of amateur radio 1200Mhz band for mobile. Decomposed and we try to carry. Connector will be the SMA connector. Element is also assembled easily at the time of the movement are adapted to fasten with screws by... Read more
- 40M UltraLight QRP magnetic loop antenna + TEST [ XIEGU X5105 ]
- Resonant Antennas, HF Mobile, MFJ-1668 Screwdriver
- PST-RR55D-PRO – Ring Rotor
- Log Periodic Antennas – “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn!
- Engineering the Doublet Antenna
- The AMSAT SA 2 m / 70 cm dual-band Yagi antenna is now available
- Ground Plane Antennas [ “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast ]
- Electromagnetics, the W8JK Antenna, and the ‘Wow!’ Signal
- Fixing a brand new Cushcraft A3S beam antenna
- 2018 QST Antenna Design Competition Winners Announced
- R7AB’s 12 el 14 Mhz band yagi. Boom lenght 40m. Selfsupported tower 42 m high
- Tarheel Mobile HF Antennas – Model 200A-HP
- Hy-Gain AV-680 9 Band Vertical Update Video
- SteppIR UrbanBeam and SDA 2000 – full review (HF antenna)
- InnovAntennas 5/7 (12) element 144/70MHz Yagi (2.4m)
- 9+ BAND HEXTENNA™ FULL-SIZE HF+2M/220/440MHZ
- Bushcomm Ranger HF-2 – Portable HF Antennas
- Do You Really Need a Tower? [ ARRL PODCAST ]
- Building a 40 Meter Rotatable Dipole
- Elecraft AX1 Multi-Band Whip Antenna
Jim Heath W6LG discusses buying your first HF transceiver if you are new to amateur radio. This is broad, general advice for someone buying a first HF... Read more
The Earth is being battered by a huge solar storm, which could disrupt the power grid and GPS as well as letting people see beautiful auroras. #Aurora... Read more
JVCKENWOOD Corporation (JVCKENWOOD) will release TS-590SG70, an HF/50 MHz special specification transceiver with the TRIO logo under the KENWOOD brand... Read more
An intense winter storm and severe drought in South Africa’s Western Cape region earlier this month resulted in devastating fires that ravaged parts o... Read more
ARRL International Grid Chase Certificates The ARRL International Grid Chase Certificates page is now live. As IGC competitions are monthly, people ca... Read more
X-Series Signal Analyzers See the real performance of your design with wider (to 1 GHz), deeper views of the most challenging signals Measure the spec... Read more
IARU Region 1 – Spectrum International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) volunteers are continuing their work toward a favorable outcome for World Radi... Read more
The September edition of Digital QST is now available for viewing on your desktop or laptop. Click here to view the issue. It is also available for re... Read more