If you were one of the customers who purchased a 50th Anniversary version of the ID-51 or the latter ID-51 Plus, then there is a firmware upgrade available that improves DSP processing of the DV Fast Data.
This upgrade can be downloaded from the Icom Inc. website:
Before you install the firmware, download the installation guide using the link on the firmware update page, or from the site support webpage.
• An OPC-2350LU or OPC-2218LU is required to install the firmware update. To use the OPC-2218LU for the first time, a USB driver is required. Download the driver here.
• Before downloading, thoroughly read “Firmware update information” to know what the update requires.
• Never turn OFF the equipment power or disconnect the data communication cable during the update.
• The firmware updates DSP version 1.00 to version 1.01.
• This firmware is for only the ID-51 PLUS and the ID-51 Icom 50th Anniversary Limited Edition transceivers.
Icom UK Marketing: email@example.com
The Plenary Meeting of the 2015 World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC-15) in Geneva has approved an allocation of 5351.5-5366.5 kHz t... Read more
The 160 Meter Band: An Enigma Shrouded in Mystery BY CARY OLER*, AND DR. THEODORE J. COHEN**, N4XX * Solar Terrestrial Dispatch, PO Box 357, Stirling... Read more