If you were one of the customers who purchased a 50th Anniversary version of the ID-51 or the latter ID-51 Plus, then there is a firmware upgrade available that improves DSP processing of the DV Fast Data.
This upgrade can be downloaded from the Icom Inc. website:
Before you install the firmware, download the installation guide using the link on the firmware update page, or from the site support webpage.
• An OPC-2350LU or OPC-2218LU is required to install the firmware update. To use the OPC-2218LU for the first time, a USB driver is required. Download the driver here.
• Before downloading, thoroughly read “Firmware update information” to know what the update requires.
• Never turn OFF the equipment power or disconnect the data communication cable during the update.
• The firmware updates DSP version 1.00 to version 1.01.
• This firmware is for only the ID-51 PLUS and the ID-51 Icom 50th Anniversary Limited Edition transceivers.
Icom UK Marketing: email@example.com
This is part II of a multipart series on removing RFI from your world. Part one can be found here. Once I discovered that I had RFI, it was time to... Read more
A booklet aimed at introducing newcomers to the hobby, young and old alike, that can also be used as a handy reference whilst getting started. Last up... Read more
Cover all HF bands with one single wire and no tuner! to ensure great performance in a wide range of operating conditions. End-fed horizontal wire, an... Read more