ICOM IC-7610 The SDR Everyone Wants!
- Independent direct sampling receivers capable of receiving two bands/two modes simultaneously.
- DIGI-SEL pre-selector for enhanced interference rejection.
- Digital IF filter and digital twin PBT for interference rejection.
- Large 7-inch color display with high resolution real-time spectrum scope and waterfall.
- Dual scope/waterfall mode.
Fly by wire (user interface)
- USB port for keyboard and mouse controls.
- External monitor connection with a DVI-D port.
- Optional SD card for saving user profiles and QSOs with band and timestamp information
- Ethernet port for IP remote operation capability with the optional RS-BA1.
- Built-in high-speed automatic antenna tuner
- Newly designed large speaker box offers superior sound quality, making use of the high-purity received signal
The winning article for the September 2018 QST Cover Plaque award is “Small Gap-Resonated HF Loop Antennas” by Kai Siwiak, KE4PT, and Richard Quick, W4RQ. The QST Cover Plaque Award — given to the author or authors of the most popular... Read more
Thomas Lindner, DL2RUM, is happy to announce the availability of version 3.5.2 of his RUMlogNG2Go logger for the iPhone and iPad. RUMlogNG2Go can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes store. More information on RUMlogNG2Go can be found on T... Read more
“In this episode, Martin M1MRB is joined by Leslie G0CIB, Edmund M0MNG, Matthew M0NJX and Bill N3JIX to discuss the latest Amateur / Ham Radio news. Colin M6BOY rounds up the news in brief, and this episode’s feature is – Antenn... Read more
The ARRL Public Relations Committee is seeking nominations for the 2018 Bill Leonard Award, which recognizes this year’s best newspaper, radio, or tel... Read more
The FCC has granted an ARRL request for a temporary waiver of Section 97.307(f) of the FCC’s Amateur Service rules to permit the use of PACTOR 4 digit... Read more
The Hurricane Watch Net (HWN), which has been tracking the approach of Hurricane Florence, plans to remain active “until no longer needed.” The net ac... Read more
WEST CHESTER, Ohio – In the era of cell phones and the internet, oftentimes the aftermath of a hurricane can include a catastrophic loss of comm... Read more
“I am a amateur radio operator and am a member of The Hurricane Watch Net. We have been in operation for 50 years and provide support to The Nat... Read more
BY JIM ALTMAN NEWINGTON — Aside from Connecticut Red Cross volunteers and Americares workers, another faction on the frontlines in the help for... Read more
The IARU Region 1 Monitoring System (IARUMS) reports that two long-time broadcast intruders on 40 meters are gone. IARUMS Coordinator Wolf Hadel, DK2O... Read more
AMSAT Vice-President of Operations, Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA says that the camera on AO-92 is planned to be used to try to image Hurricane Florence dur... Read more
From CNN‘s Paul P. Murphy The American Radio Relay League said it sent seven ham radio kits to South Carolina to assist with emergency communica... Read more
Team USA took home 10 medals from the just-concluded 2018 Amateur Radio Direction Finding (ARDF) World Championships, the highest medal count since th... Read more
The ARRL Headquarters Emergency Response Team will activate on Wednesday, September 12, ARRL Emergency Response Manager Mike Corey, KI1U, has announce... Read more
With active storms in the Atlantic and Pacific basins, ARRL Headquarters, the Hurricane Watch Net (HWN), and the Salvation Army Team Emergency Network... Read more
WA2NYC is on the air to commemorate the 17th anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City and remember the 2,900 people who d... Read more