December 23, 2016
ICOM IC-7610 Exhibition & pre presentation
@ICOM Tokyo show room
HF + 50 MHz direct sampling transceiver following IC-7300.
Exhibits are still incomplete and many features that are running on the surface but not implemented.
* Main features
– Direct sampling
ADC will be better than 7300 (16 bit?)
– Built-in digital pre-selector
IC-7850 equivalent to main and sub.
Can fine-tune manually like VRF
Extraordinary effect combined with 15 (?) division BPF
Direct sampling high class machines such as FlexRadio and Apache Labs has auto pre-selector.
– Dual watch (properly different from 7600)
Different band and mode
You can select ANT 1 or 2 on each receiver.
RF side(BPF, digital preselector up to ADC) is independent
Diversity reception, tracking available
Two in AF / RF GAIN knobs for main and sub.
Scope is also two. both rows and columns.
Decoding of RTTY and others is only one receiver.
– 7 inch wide 800 x 400 dots
7300: 4.3 inches
7850: 7 inches (not wide)
– Scope dual compatible 100 dB
7300: 80 dB
Since there is no paging in FIX mode, it is requested
– KEY SPEED knob is an independent. (Not Multi Knob)
– There is band switches but no mode switches.
– Built-in speaker emphasizes sound quality
* Backward rotation
– BNC for RX Ant, transverter, REF input etc.
– External HDMI requires license fee, so DVI. Output is built-in mirrored one.
– The LAN terminal is available, scheduled for remote use
– Two SP outputs jacks are the main and sub. It is also possible to make only one side external.
– Keypad terminal (self made or third party)
– USB terminal Front two, back two (USB 3 type is one)
* Reception performance
Target RMDR: 105 db with 1kHz separation (slightly lower than 110 dB of IC-7851)
Transmission phase Noise 1kHz 130 dB
*About OVF of IC-7300
Compared to IC-7300, FLEX-6700 has a poor sensitivity of 15 dB.
It is reasonable to compare with 7300 PRE OFF and FLEX-6700 PRE ON.
The OVF of the IC-7300 lights up at PRE OFF-10 dBm (S 9 + 63 db).
FLEX-6700 overflows at -13 dbm and becomes unreceivable.
When raising little by little from the interfering signal -15 dBm when the signal of CW of -107 dBm and detuned at 50 kHz
Even if the FLEX-6700 fails, the IC-7300 can still demodulate the target signal.
The ADC is 14 bits for IC-7300 and 16 bits for FLEX-6700, but
SFDR values are 98 dB and 97 dB
With SNR 77 dB and 76 dB
So, IC-7300 is better.
– Scope functions
Support Paging at FIX mode
Select position specification when page changed.
Function to center current position
change S or dBm display
Changing the height of the waterfall position
* refused matter
– Transmission 200 W output
– Option for remote front panel only
Source: JA7CSU – Tadafumi Kimura
Lance Collister, W7GJ, has had a fascination with VHF, six and two meters, for over fifty years, when he had a Heathkit Twoer and a three element yagi. Now Lance travels to the far corners of the Earth with his Elecraft KX3 to boun... Read more