December 23, 2016
ICOM IC-7610 Exhibition & pre presentation
@ICOM Tokyo show room
HF + 50 MHz direct sampling transceiver following IC-7300.
Exhibits are still incomplete and many features that are running on the surface but not implemented.
* Main features
– Direct sampling
ADC will be better than 7300 (16 bit?)
– Built-in digital pre-selector
IC-7850 equivalent to main and sub.
Can fine-tune manually like VRF
Extraordinary effect combined with 15 (?) division BPF
Direct sampling high class machines such as FlexRadio and Apache Labs has auto pre-selector.
– Dual watch (properly different from 7600)
Different band and mode
You can select ANT 1 or 2 on each receiver.
RF side(BPF, digital preselector up to ADC) is independent
Diversity reception, tracking available
Two in AF / RF GAIN knobs for main and sub.
Scope is also two. both rows and columns.
Decoding of RTTY and others is only one receiver.
– 7 inch wide 800 x 400 dots
7300: 4.3 inches
7850: 7 inches (not wide)
– Scope dual compatible 100 dB
7300: 80 dB
Since there is no paging in FIX mode, it is requested
– KEY SPEED knob is an independent. (Not Multi Knob)
– There is band switches but no mode switches.
– Built-in speaker emphasizes sound quality
* Backward rotation
– BNC for RX Ant, transverter, REF input etc.
– External HDMI requires license fee, so DVI. Output is built-in mirrored one.
– The LAN terminal is available, scheduled for remote use
– Two SP outputs jacks are the main and sub. It is also possible to make only one side external.
– Keypad terminal (self made or third party)
– USB terminal Front two, back two (USB 3 type is one)
* Reception performance
Target RMDR: 105 db with 1kHz separation (slightly lower than 110 dB of IC-7851)
Transmission phase Noise 1kHz 130 dB
*About OVF of IC-7300
Compared to IC-7300, FLEX-6700 has a poor sensitivity of 15 dB.
It is reasonable to compare with 7300 PRE OFF and FLEX-6700 PRE ON.
The OVF of the IC-7300 lights up at PRE OFF-10 dBm (S 9 + 63 db).
FLEX-6700 overflows at -13 dbm and becomes unreceivable.
When raising little by little from the interfering signal -15 dBm when the signal of CW of -107 dBm and detuned at 50 kHz
Even if the FLEX-6700 fails, the IC-7300 can still demodulate the target signal.
The ADC is 14 bits for IC-7300 and 16 bits for FLEX-6700, but
SFDR values are 98 dB and 97 dB
With SNR 77 dB and 76 dB
So, IC-7300 is better.
– Scope functions
Support Paging at FIX mode
Select position specification when page changed.
Function to center current position
change S or dBm display
Changing the height of the waterfall position
* refused matter
– Transmission 200 W output
– Option for remote front panel only
Source: JA7CSU – Tadafumi Kimura
The K42 is the Swiss Army knife of CW keyers, it will provide lots of CW operation and enjoyment. A CW keyboard interface, CW reader, iambic paddle keyer, backlit LCD display, and optically isolated keying outputs are all presented in one c... Read more
“Did you know that QRZ has the world’s largest collection of amateur radio related images? Sure, as a regular user of QRZ you’ve no doubt noticed that the site has always had some great images, but never before have they a... Read more