com have announced firmware updates for the IC-7700 and IC-7800 Amateur Radio HF Transceivers. Each firmware provides the same improvement including CI-V commands for antenna control and the addition of logging software.
Details of each update and download instructions are as follows. Please note that before you install the firmware, you should download the installation guide using the link on the firmware update page:
• CI-V commands for antenna control and logging software have been added.
• “MOS-FET” is now the default value of “SEND Relay Type.”
• Thoroughly read (UPDATING THE FIRMWARE) section of the instruction manual (here) for details of what the update requires.
• Backup your transceiver’s data onto a CF card as it is possible that your data could get lost or corrupted during the update.
• Never turn OFF the transceiver power during the update.
• The firmware update utility is necessary when updating the firmware through a LAN. You can download the utility here:
Icom UK Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) is a federation of national associations of certified radio amateurs, representing over 150 countries and... Read more