A fire late in the afternoon of August 18 has badly damaged the Boulder County, Colorado, home of well-known contester Chuck Cullian, K0RF. George Schultz, W0UA, who has operated from K0RF on many occasions, explained that the building is roughly divided into a residential side and a garage/ham radio shack side. He said Cullian told him that the fire pretty thoroughly gutted the residence, leaving Cullian and his family temporarily homeless.
“I’m still kind of in shock over it myself,” Schultz told ARRL. “I’ve spent more time up there over the past 30 years than anyone, I think, besides his immediate family.”
Schultz said on August 19 that he had not yet been to the house and could not speak directly as to the extent of the damage, although according to media accounts, the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office deemed the house a total loss. There were no injuries. Schultz said those in the house at the time — Cullian’s wife, his daughter, and her boyfriend — tried in vain to put out the fire as soon as they realized what was happening……
Read Full Article: