In 2014, ARRL members celebrated 100 years of “Advancing the Art and Science of Radio.” Founded in 1914, ARRL is the national association for Amateur Radio in the USA and the largest organization of radio amateurs in the world.
- Centennial QSO Party: The ARRL Centennial QSO Party was a year-long (2014) operating event that celebrated hams making contacts. Participants accumulated points, working new stations and making new friends all over the world.
- Second Century Campaign: Find out how you can help contribute to the ARRL Endowment and prepare the organization for its second 100 years.
- ARRL Centennial Timeline
ARRL Regional Centennial Events
In addition to the National Centennial Convention in July 2014, ARRL designated six regional Centennial Events in 2014:
- February 7-9, 2014 Orlando Hamcation—Orlando, Florida
- May 16-18, 2014 Dayton Hamvention®—Dayton, Ohio
ARRL @ Hamvention – Program & Activities Guide (PDF)
- June 6-8, 2014 SEA-PAC—Seaside, Oregon
- June 13-14, 2014 Ham-Com—Plano, Texas
- July 17-19, 2014 National Centennial Convention—Hartford, Connecticut
Convention Program Guide (PDF)
- August 16-17, 2014 Huntsville Hamfest—Huntsville, Alabama
- October 10-12, 2014 Pacificon—Santa Clara, California
Ned Stearns, AA7A, now is maintaining The World Above 50 MHz Standings on the ARRL website. Stearns has chased DX on all bands, operated as part of DX... Read more
By Jay Bennett High energy particles spewing from a hole in the sun’s atmosphere will make the aurora borealis particularly magnificent this wee... Read more
S-Units” is the topic of the current (August 17) latest episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn! Sponsored by DX Engine... Read more