In 2014, ARRL members celebrated 100 years of “Advancing the Art and Science of Radio.” Founded in 1914, ARRL is the national association for Amateur Radio in the USA and the largest organization of radio amateurs in the world.
- Centennial QSO Party: The ARRL Centennial QSO Party was a year-long (2014) operating event that celebrated hams making contacts. Participants accumulated points, working new stations and making new friends all over the world.
- Second Century Campaign: Find out how you can help contribute to the ARRL Endowment and prepare the organization for its second 100 years.
- ARRL Centennial Timeline
ARRL Regional Centennial Events
In addition to the National Centennial Convention in July 2014, ARRL designated six regional Centennial Events in 2014:
- February 7-9, 2014 Orlando Hamcation—Orlando, Florida
- May 16-18, 2014 Dayton Hamvention®—Dayton, Ohio
ARRL @ Hamvention – Program & Activities Guide (PDF)
- June 6-8, 2014 SEA-PAC—Seaside, Oregon
- June 13-14, 2014 Ham-Com—Plano, Texas
- July 17-19, 2014 National Centennial Convention—Hartford, Connecticut
Convention Program Guide (PDF)
- August 16-17, 2014 Huntsville Hamfest—Huntsville, Alabama
- October 10-12, 2014 Pacificon—Santa Clara, California
Making his inaugural ARRL National Convention appearance as ARRL President, Rick Roderick, K5UR, said he’s looking forward to meeting many League memb... Read more
The SAQ Alexanderson Alternator VLF transmitter at the World Heritage Grimeton site in Sweden will be on the air to mark United Nations Day, October 2... Read more
On December 18 the Russian ARISS team members activated the amateur radio Slow Scan TV (SSTV) experiment from the International Space Station (ISS) on... Read more
Retevis RT97 Portable Mobile Analog Mode Repeater Features: 1, Customizable: The TX and RX frequencies can be customized between UHF (400-470MHZ) 2,... Read more
500+ Watts in a compact package the size of the Elecraft K3. We are proud to introduce the KPA500: A 500-watt solid-state amp that inte... Read more