In 2014, ARRL members celebrated 100 years of “Advancing the Art and Science of Radio.” Founded in 1914, ARRL is the national association for Amateur Radio in the USA and the largest organization of radio amateurs in the world.
- Centennial QSO Party: The ARRL Centennial QSO Party was a year-long (2014) operating event that celebrated hams making contacts. Participants accumulated points, working new stations and making new friends all over the world.
- Second Century Campaign: Find out how you can help contribute to the ARRL Endowment and prepare the organization for its second 100 years.
- ARRL Centennial Timeline
ARRL Regional Centennial Events
In addition to the National Centennial Convention in July 2014, ARRL designated six regional Centennial Events in 2014:
- February 7-9, 2014 Orlando Hamcation—Orlando, Florida
- May 16-18, 2014 Dayton Hamvention®—Dayton, Ohio
ARRL @ Hamvention – Program & Activities Guide (PDF)
- June 6-8, 2014 SEA-PAC—Seaside, Oregon
- June 13-14, 2014 Ham-Com—Plano, Texas
- July 17-19, 2014 National Centennial Convention—Hartford, Connecticut
Convention Program Guide (PDF)
- August 16-17, 2014 Huntsville Hamfest—Huntsville, Alabama
- October 10-12, 2014 Pacificon—Santa Clara, California
CloudSDR have announced that they have just released two programmes compatible with SDRPlay devices : The Cloud–SDR free client, a windows + Lin... Read more
The activations of South Sandwich and South Georgia Islands as VP8STIand VP8SGI in January-February 2016 are the next major Dxpeditions to take place.... Read more
The Radio Club of Argentina (RCA) and AMSAT-LU have announced the first satellite contact between Argentinean Antarctica and mainland Argentina on Feb... Read more
The FCC has put the ARRL’s January Petition for Rule Making (RM 11759) on public notice and invited interested parties to comment on what the League h... Read more
by Bruce Dorminey The Sun has likely already entered into a new unpredicted long-term phase of its evolution as a hydrogen-burning main sequence star... Read more