In 2014, ARRL members celebrated 100 years of “Advancing the Art and Science of Radio.” Founded in 1914, ARRL is the national association for Amateur Radio in the USA and the largest organization of radio amateurs in the world.
- Centennial QSO Party: The ARRL Centennial QSO Party was a year-long (2014) operating event that celebrated hams making contacts. Participants accumulated points, working new stations and making new friends all over the world.
- Second Century Campaign: Find out how you can help contribute to the ARRL Endowment and prepare the organization for its second 100 years.
- ARRL Centennial Timeline
ARRL Regional Centennial Events
In addition to the National Centennial Convention in July 2014, ARRL designated six regional Centennial Events in 2014:
- February 7-9, 2014 Orlando Hamcation—Orlando, Florida
- May 16-18, 2014 Dayton Hamvention®—Dayton, Ohio
ARRL @ Hamvention – Program & Activities Guide (PDF)
- June 6-8, 2014 SEA-PAC—Seaside, Oregon
- June 13-14, 2014 Ham-Com—Plano, Texas
- July 17-19, 2014 National Centennial Convention—Hartford, Connecticut
Convention Program Guide (PDF)
- August 16-17, 2014 Huntsville Hamfest—Huntsville, Alabama
- October 10-12, 2014 Pacificon—Santa Clara, California
An amateur radio enthusiast managed to call astronauts on the International Space Station using simple equipment in his shed. Adrian Lane, of Gloucest... Read more
” Had it not been for advancements in technology, Carrollton resident Steve Darrah may never have received his ham radio license. “There is no M... Read more
Field Day 2015 A flea powered radio trying to make contacts during the year’s most popular contest. How many contacts can be made with QRP SSB d... Read more