What it’s all about
A modern APRS app for iOS users, with models detection, frequencies detection, C4FM highlight…
- Receive latest 10mn packets at start
- Model and vendor detection
- Standard, Satellite or Hybrid map view
- Extremly fast packets listing using on device database
- Display main informations based on packet context, frequencies when found, temperatures for wx packets
- Detect web & emails links
- Lookup for callsigns on local database (works offline/disconnected)
- Change location from GPS, from maps, from cities names daatabase or manual input coordinates
- Display the closest city with bearing and distance
- Same application works for your iPad
- Splitted view for iphone 6/6s plus
Offline notifications will be offered free of charges in the next release.
Next version will include a small but complete repeaters database for offline use.
Posting my location via APRS-IS?
Due to the way APRS-IS works it’s the responsability of the developer to provide passwords & check for the amateur license of the users, time I don’t have, expect it in a later release when it could be automated.
Using it with a transceiver?
First releases will focus on a connected to APRS IS servers usage. I’ve done some experiments with an audio modem using iPhone microphone, with poor results.
I’ve also experimented with an homemade Bluetooth APRS modem (not supported yet) that you can find on my github account this is probably the path I will follow if MyAPRS gains enough users. MyAPRS is developed with an off the grid usage in mind, with future support for offline maps, everything is done on the device without the need for a permanent internet connection.
Can I pay to remove the ads?
Some people are asking for a pro version to support the development and to get rid of the ads, but if only 100 people are paying 1$ it’s just enough to pay for the yearly Apple license but not for the development, if MyAPRS is gaining thousands of users I will consider an ad free pro app.
“The FCC has ordered an unlicensed California religious broadcaster, who sometimes broadcast on a frequency in the 40 meter phone band, t... Read more
Forced under political pressure to take a few steps back from its initial proposal to eliminate two-thirds of its Enforcement Bureau field offices, th... Read more
From October 30 through November 1, members of the Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS) will conduct a quarterly US Department of Defense (DOD) Cont... Read more
The FCC and OSHA have announced the release of a free publication, Communications Tower Best Practices Guide. While aimed more at those who tend comme... Read more