What it’s all about
A modern APRS app for iOS users, with models detection, frequencies detection, C4FM highlight…
- Receive latest 10mn packets at start
- Model and vendor detection
- Standard, Satellite or Hybrid map view
- Extremly fast packets listing using on device database
- Display main informations based on packet context, frequencies when found, temperatures for wx packets
- Detect web & emails links
- Lookup for callsigns on local database (works offline/disconnected)
- Change location from GPS, from maps, from cities names daatabase or manual input coordinates
- Display the closest city with bearing and distance
- Same application works for your iPad
- Splitted view for iphone 6/6s plus
Offline notifications will be offered free of charges in the next release.
Next version will include a small but complete repeaters database for offline use.
Posting my location via APRS-IS?
Due to the way APRS-IS works it’s the responsability of the developer to provide passwords & check for the amateur license of the users, time I don’t have, expect it in a later release when it could be automated.
Using it with a transceiver?
First releases will focus on a connected to APRS IS servers usage. I’ve done some experiments with an audio modem using iPhone microphone, with poor results.
I’ve also experimented with an homemade Bluetooth APRS modem (not supported yet) that you can find on my github account this is probably the path I will follow if MyAPRS gains enough users. MyAPRS is developed with an off the grid usage in mind, with future support for offline maps, everything is done on the device without the need for a permanent internet connection.
Can I pay to remove the ads?
Some people are asking for a pro version to support the development and to get rid of the ads, but if only 100 people are paying 1$ it’s just enough to pay for the yearly Apple license but not for the development, if MyAPRS is gaining thousands of users I will consider an ad free pro app.
The American Red Cross (ARC) has asked the ARRL for assistance with relief efforts in Puerto Rico. ARC needs up to 50 radio amateurs that can help rec... Read more
6 Factors Influencing Requirements for a Good Grounding System Read nice Article from by EDVARD in ENERGY AND POWER Read more
Hunter Greb recognized at a SCARA meeting for getting ham radio license at 11. Hunter received a most inspirational volunteer award from the Jersey Sh... Read more
“In late April 2016, Ana (PU2VYT) and I were again in Northern Italy, to participate in various activities related to the end of World War II. M... Read more