Antenna, 80 & 40 meter Heavy Duty Vertical, 80m 40m Dual-Band, 5,000 W, 55 ft. Height, HD Pivoting Base, Kit
DX Engineering 8040VA-1 Dual-Band THUNDERBOLT® Vertical Antennas are high performance vertical antennas specifically designed for the 75/80 meter and 40 meter bands.
These DX Engineering 55 ft. dual-band vertical antennas supply performance which is virtually indistinguishable from our monoband vertical antennas. They are perfect for areas where there is no room for individual verticals. They also use the same radial system for both bands.
DX Engineering 8040VA-1 Dual-Band THUNDERBOLT® Vertical Antennas cover the whole 40 meter band with one setting. The 80/75 meter band is tunable down to a 3,650 kHz center frequency with a 300 kHz bandwidth. This means that operation on the CW DX frequencies and DX Phone frequencies is within range of most radio internal tuners, so no antenna changes are necessary to switch frequencies. An optional CW optimizer DXE-7580-THK capacity hat kit allows for adjustment down to a 3,400 kHz center frequency for dedicated CW operators and military/MARS operations.
The DX Engineering 8040VA-1 Dual-Band THUNDERBOLT® Vertical Antennas feature:
* 5 kW SSB and CW rated for unparalleled reliability
* Unique fold-over antenna mount features DX Engineering’s patented pivoting fixture, U.S. Patent Number 8,130,168
* Massive high-efficiency trap assembly gives the strongest signal possible on both bands
* Instant automatic band switching
* DX Engineering adjustable matching network configures the lowest SWR
* Broad 2:1 SWR bandwidth 400 kHz on 40m, 300 kHz on 80m
* Lowest possible take-off angle reduces domestic QRM signals
* Ultra-rugged construction starts with 3 in. O.D. aircraft-grade heavy wall tubing
* Self-supporting base will withstand steady-state winds in excess of 50 mph without guying (guying required under extreme wind speed conditions)
* Extremely high strength, heavy wall tubing made to DX Engineering specs
* Massive EXTREN® channel insulator
— Laser-cut high strength stainless steel brackets
Note: For additional information, please look at the files under the “Documentation” tab.
When looking for a highly-efficient 80 and 40 meter vertical antenna, don’t overlook these DX Engineering 8040VA-1 Dual-Band THUNDERBOLT® Vertical Antennas!
This video, released today by AE5X shows how well the RSPduo performs up against the Flex6300: Read more
New Black Retevis RT95Dual Band 200 Channels Mobile Car Radio Description: RT95 Mobile Radio has nice housing, stoutness & stability, advanced and... Read more