Happy DJControl compact owners, you can now use it to tune your Cloud-SDR client, a new build (#20170216) has just been released and it is shipped with DJControl support.
The DJControl compact is a very cheap device from Hercules, found on many shops (for example here) for less than 70 U$. This MIDI device is USB compatible and Cloud-SDR maps the keys and jogs to SDR control. The original idea to use this device was suggested to us by Evariste F5OEO, thanks again for this suggestion.
A PDF document is available showing how to use the device with the Cloud-SDR client. The following image is an example of what is in this PDF Manual.
Cloud-SDR client is similar to many existing SDR receiving software but comes with very specific features making it unique:
- Dual channel receiver: RXA and RXB are two totally independent receivers;
- Geographic integration: Display on map beacons, ADS-B reported airliners, known HF broadcast stations or any geo-localized information coming from the SDRNode server;
- GPS compatibility: plug a GPS receiver to your computer and track your location on the map, record signals with your position for later processing (coverage mapping etc.); display the UTC time;
- Digital Terrain Elevation: See the terrain elevation around your position, or in the direction of the antenna directly on the map (requires to download the free SRTM3 files from NASA, with 90m resolution);
- MP3 audio recording: record to mp3 the demodulated streams to reduce disk requirements;
- Chat with other users connected to the SDRNode Group: when used as a remote client for the SDRNode streaming server, you can interact with other users with messages or station spotting;
- Time-domain analysis: the MSR mode enables analysis of any sub-band and displays in real time the time domain signals of the selected spectrum portion. This sub-band can also be recorded (with geographic position if GPS is connected) and processed with provided MATLAB®.
International Space Station (ISS) Expedition 50 Commander Shane Kimbrough, KE5HOD, will take one more spacewalk on March 30 before he heads back to Ea... Read more
ARRL is accepting applications for summer 2017 Teachers Institute on Wireless Technology sessions until May 1. This summer’s sessions will be held in... Read more
The 40 MHz OZ7IGY beacon was migrated to the Next Generation Beacons platform on March 25. The beacon was activated during a 60th anniversary event fo... Read more
Eustace Earhart Discovery Expedition team on board the Mermaid Vigilance, contacted Astronaut Shane Kimbrough, KE5HOD, on the ISS
On the search for Amelia Earhart’s plane this week, members of the Eustace Earhart Discovery Expedition team on board the Mermaid Vigilance, con... Read more
By Macy Jenkins SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Back in January, it became illegal to hold your cell phone while driving. But now some drivers say the law unfair... Read more
Skip Youngberg, K1NKR; Bill Machia, WM3N, and Dudley Allen, KD0NMD, were among those sponsoring World Association of Girl Scouts and Girl Guides’ “Thi... Read more