- The “busted call/NIL” penalty is reduced from 3× to 2×.
- Email addresses for log submissions have been removed, and the committee now “strongly prefers” using web uploads to submit logs. Paper logs will still be accepted.
- The 10× penalty for “rubber clocking” with MS/M2 entries has been eliminated, although the committee “will continue to vigorously pursue time abuses.”
- The observer program has been eliminated. “Given the absence of a reasonable pool of volunteers and supporting funding, the program has proven to be impractical,” CQ said.
- The top entry in the “Rookie” category will be awarded on a one-time-only basis. Previous Rookie winners are ineligible for plaques in this category.
Submit questions via the CQ WW “Contact Form” page. — Thanks to John Dorr, K1AR, CQ World Wide Contest Director
How to Extend Radio Range Without Adding a Repeater? When there’s a need to extend the coverage of handheld two-way radios, the first option is usuall... Read more
Wouxun KG-879 Description of Features 1. DTMF encoding and decoding 2. 105 groups DCS / 50 groups CTCSS 3. Wide /narrow bandwidth 4. Selection 5. ANI... Read more
FR5200H / FR6200H IDAS VHF/UHF Digital Repeaters 50W 100% Duty cycle operation Employing a high performance power amplifier, together with the solid h... Read more
SUPER SKYRIDER™ 9400 Mobile HF NVIS Magnetic Loop Antenna Stealth 9400 Mobile HF NVIS Magnetic Loop Antenna has been developed to address the emerging... Read more
HF Vertical Antenna • NO GROUND SYSTEM OR RADIALS NEEDED • RUGGED CONSTRUCTION • INSTANT BAND CHANGING • SLIM LOW PROFILE SILHOUETTE This multiband ve... Read more
Does your neighborhood forbid antennas but allow flagpoles? Is tearing up your lawn to lay 64 radials not an option? Or maybe you just want a high-per... Read more
The CHA WINDOM 40 antenna is designed for 40m, 20m & 10m. A tuner may be needed to tune the other bands between 80M and 6M. Power handling is 250W... Read more
“The VE6WZ QTH is a small city lot, so achieving gain on 80m has been difficult. A vertical 4 sq. wire array was considered but would h... Read more
“This is where you start. Video #1. I have done a quick video on each one of the HF bands to educate the newcomer to the hobby or for anyone who... Read more
” Back in April we posted about some new products made by Japanese RTL-SDR experimenter and product manufacturer Nobu. Nobu’s new product... Read more
“Watch my product look and unboxing of the Luiton LT-898UV FM Dual Band transceiver. The radio is part of the new generation of mobile/base radi... Read more
CableKnife claims the title of the “world’s best hand held cable stripper” and looking at the prototype, I find it difficult to disagree with this lab... Read more
“RFinder has been the ‘Social Repeater Directory’ for a while now with its support of repeater check-in postings to APRS and... Read more