- The “busted call/NIL” penalty is reduced from 3× to 2×.
- Email addresses for log submissions have been removed, and the committee now “strongly prefers” using web uploads to submit logs. Paper logs will still be accepted.
- The 10× penalty for “rubber clocking” with MS/M2 entries has been eliminated, although the committee “will continue to vigorously pursue time abuses.”
- The observer program has been eliminated. “Given the absence of a reasonable pool of volunteers and supporting funding, the program has proven to be impractical,” CQ said.
- The top entry in the “Rookie” category will be awarded on a one-time-only basis. Previous Rookie winners are ineligible for plaques in this category.
Submit questions via the CQ WW “Contact Form” page. — Thanks to John Dorr, K1AR, CQ World Wide Contest Director
Yaesu FTM-100DR Item Description Dual Band Analog/Digital Mobile Transceiver Detailed Description FTM-100DR 2M/70 cm Dual-Band C4... Read more
Kenwood TH-D74 APRS & DSTAR Radio TH-D74 144 / 220 / 430 MHz Tribander APRS : Using packet-transfer communication to exchange real-time GPS positi... Read more
VHF Marine Radios CHICAGO, IL (May 6, 2015) — Cobra Electronics Corporation, the leading designer and marketer of award-winning marine, safety,... Read more
“HF Loop Antennas” is the topic of the just-released episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn! Sponsored by DX Engineeri... Read more
VERTICAL ANTENNA Highly efficient end loading 1/2 Wave vertical covers bands: 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10, 6 and 2 Meters. Requires no radials, no loss... Read more
JIm, W6LG shows how he recently used 2 off the shelf coax switches to connect 2 antennas to his transceiver at the same time. This simple solution rep... Read more
The winner of the July 2015 QST Cover Plaque award is Steve Lawrence, WB6RSE, for his article “Rebuilding a Receiving Flag Antenna for 160 Meters.” Th... Read more
Hybrid Quad Antenna Electrical Specifications Operating Bands- 10,15,20 Meters Forward Gain (Ref. Dipole)- 10M-6.0 dBd., 15M-5.5 dBd., 20M-4.4 dBd. SW... Read more
Icom revealed their first Software Defined Radio (SDR) HF transceiver, the IC-7300, on Saturday, August 22nd 2015, at the Tokyo Ham Fair... Read more
“I’m reviewing the new MFJ-2289 Big Ear Portable rotatable dipole antenna this week. I’ve switched things up just a bit and I’... Read more
This is a Raspberry Pi 3 kit with a 7 inches touchscreen that I build in about 30 minutes Read more
Introducing the Icom IC-7850 50th Anniversary Edition Read more
Get Your Ham Radio License You are only 35 questions away from getting your Ham radio license. The questions come from a pool of questions publ... Read more