ContestConsole Switching Accessory Unit for ICOM radios
“produced as the result of customer demand!”
Gain full control of your ICOM radio with the SOTABEAMS ContestConsole. Easy to use – connects between your radio and microphone.
Features (depending on radio):
- Instant access to voice, CW and PSK memories (no need to have them displayed on the radio screen)
- TX PTT button
- TX low power tune function – sends 10 Watt carrier (optional lead required)
- Pushbutton frequency control (up and down)
- External PTT socket for footswitch
- Auxiliary microphone socket (3.5mm)
Will it work with my radio?
The ContestConsole was designed with the IC-7300 in mind but it works with a wide range of other ICOM radios.
IC-2300H, IC-2730, IC-275, IC-575, IC-7000, IC-703, IC-706, IC-707, IC-7100, IC-718, IC-7300, IC-7400, IC-746, IC-746PRO, IC-756, IC-756PRO, IC-756PROII, IC-756PROIII, IC-7600, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-78, IC-7800, IC-7850, IC-7851, IC-9100, IC-910H, ID-4100A, ID-4100E
Functionality varies for each radio. Click here for our full compatibility matrix.
Tips for use
- There are usually some radio settings that need changing before the memory buttons will function – look for “external keypad” in the radio manual for details.
- Do not connect two microphones at the same time. If connecting a microphone via the ContestConsole, use either the 3.5mm socket or the 8 pin socket, not both.
- On some radios, an external storage device (memory card or USB stick) might be needed for voice memories to work.
“After several attempts to build a multiband C-Pole I finally ended up with the Multiband H-Pole. C-Poles for different frequencies on one pole... Read more
These tests show that the signal strength of a local station can be many tens of decibels weaker than from a DX station. For the last several years I... Read more
DX Engineering Coax Cable Stripping Tools provide a new and easy way to prepare your 50 ohm coax cable for the installation of solder-type PL-2... Read more
ARRL has established an agreement with RFinder, the creator of a web and app-based directory of Amateur Radio repeaters worldwide, to be its preferred... Read more
The winning article for the September 2016 QST Cover Plaque award is “Arduino CW Trainer” by Tom Lewis, N4TL. The QST Cover Plaque Award — given... Read more