CAMSAT has worked closely with a Beijing Government aerospace contractor to build two satellites with amateur radio linear transponder payloads. IARU record a launch had been planned for March 31, 2017 from Taiyuan into a 524 km orbit with an inclination of 42 degrees.
Both will carry a 435/145 (U/V) 20 dBm (100 milliwatt) SSB/CW linear transponder, a 2m CW 17 dBm (50 mW) telemetry beacon and an AX.25 4.8 kbps GMSK 20 dBm (100 mW) telemetry downlink.
The two micro-satellites will also carry optical remote sensing missions. Planned to be 494x499x630 mm dimension regular square shape and approximately 50 kg mass with three-axis stabilization system.
These frequencies have been coordinated by the IARU Satellite Frequency Coordination Panel:
• Linear transponder downlink 145.870 MHz, emission designator 20K0V8WWF, output power 20 dBm
• Linear transponder uplink 435.220 MHz
• CW telemetry beacon 145.855 MHz, emission designator 100HA1AAN, output power 17 dBm
• GMSK telemetry 145.835 MHz, emission designator 16K0F1DCN, output power 20 dBm
• Linear transponder downlink 145.925 MHz, emission designator 20K0V8WWF, output power 20 dBm
• Linear transponder uplink 435.280 MHz
• CW telemetry beacon 145.910 MHz, emission designator 100HA1AAN, output power 17 dBm
• GMSK telemetry 145.890 MHz, emission designator 16K0F1DCN, output power 20 dBm
IARU Satellite Frequency Coordination pages http://www.amsat.org.uk/iaru/
Amateur Radio came in for high praise following its role in a March 30 to April 3 Washington National Guard interoperability communication exercise, s... Read more
Baofeng BF-UVB2 Plus Two-way Radio Handheld Walkie Talkie VHF/ UHF DUAL-BAND TWO WAY RADIO . Dual-band handheld transceiver with display func... Read more
Amplifier, HT, VHF, Solid State, 144-148 MHz, 3/50 W In, 200/200 W Out, UHF Fem, SO-239, 13.8 Vdc, 25 A, Each Add this amp to your 2 Meter HTor mobile... Read more
By Dana SmithXENIA, Ohio (WDTN) – An amateur radio convention is expected to pump millions into the Greene County economy. The event – known as Hamven... Read more
The Great South Bay Amateur Radio Club (GSBARC) will commemorate Armed Forces Day with special event station W2GSB/APM, operating May 20-21 from the A... Read more
The Maritime Mobile Service Network (MMSN) recently served as a critical communication link after the sport fishing vessel Free Spirit put out a “mayd... Read more
End-Fed HF antennas are becoming increasingly popular, especially for limited space applications, but how well do they really work? In this episode, t... Read more
The MB8 15-20 SF is a fullsize antenna for 14 MHz and 21 MHz. No traps or adapting systems where used to obtain fantastic performances and the best ba... Read more