CAMSAT has worked closely with a Beijing Government aerospace contractor to build two satellites with amateur radio linear transponder payloads. IARU record a launch had been planned for March 31, 2017 from Taiyuan into a 524 km orbit with an inclination of 42 degrees.
Both will carry a 435/145 (U/V) 20 dBm (100 milliwatt) SSB/CW linear transponder, a 2m CW 17 dBm (50 mW) telemetry beacon and an AX.25 4.8 kbps GMSK 20 dBm (100 mW) telemetry downlink.
The two micro-satellites will also carry optical remote sensing missions. Planned to be 494x499x630 mm dimension regular square shape and approximately 50 kg mass with three-axis stabilization system.
These frequencies have been coordinated by the IARU Satellite Frequency Coordination Panel:
• Linear transponder downlink 145.870 MHz, emission designator 20K0V8WWF, output power 20 dBm
• Linear transponder uplink 435.220 MHz
• CW telemetry beacon 145.855 MHz, emission designator 100HA1AAN, output power 17 dBm
• GMSK telemetry 145.835 MHz, emission designator 16K0F1DCN, output power 20 dBm
• Linear transponder downlink 145.925 MHz, emission designator 20K0V8WWF, output power 20 dBm
• Linear transponder uplink 435.280 MHz
• CW telemetry beacon 145.910 MHz, emission designator 100HA1AAN, output power 17 dBm
• GMSK telemetry 145.890 MHz, emission designator 16K0F1DCN, output power 20 dBm
IARU Satellite Frequency Coordination pages http://www.amsat.org.uk/iaru/
ARRL has established an agreement with RFinder, the creator of a web and app-based directory of Amateur Radio repeaters worldwide, to be its preferred... Read more
TAMPA, Fla., Dec. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Patients at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Tampa had a direct link from th... Read more
The ARRL Foundation has announced a new, annual scholarship that is funded through the generosity of the Ozaukee Radio Club in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. T... Read more
The FCC has proposed fining Acuity Brands Inc. of Atlanta, Georgia, $25,000 for apparently marketing radio frequency devices that were not labeled in... Read more
100MHz to 750MHz Log Periodic Array Description InnovAntennas design and build Log Periodic Arrays for any bandwidth and for any purpose. Our LPDA... Read more
A standard AA-30 analyzer but without enclosure, LCD display and keypad. But .ZERO is even more powerful than the good old AA-30. Description RigExper... Read more