CAMSAT has worked closely with a Beijing Government aerospace contractor to build two satellites with amateur radio linear transponder payloads. IARU record a launch had been planned for March 31, 2017 from Taiyuan into a 524 km orbit with an inclination of 42 degrees.
Both will carry a 435/145 (U/V) 20 dBm (100 milliwatt) SSB/CW linear transponder, a 2m CW 17 dBm (50 mW) telemetry beacon and an AX.25 4.8 kbps GMSK 20 dBm (100 mW) telemetry downlink.
The two micro-satellites will also carry optical remote sensing missions. Planned to be 494x499x630 mm dimension regular square shape and approximately 50 kg mass with three-axis stabilization system.
These frequencies have been coordinated by the IARU Satellite Frequency Coordination Panel:
• Linear transponder downlink 145.870 MHz, emission designator 20K0V8WWF, output power 20 dBm
• Linear transponder uplink 435.220 MHz
• CW telemetry beacon 145.855 MHz, emission designator 100HA1AAN, output power 17 dBm
• GMSK telemetry 145.835 MHz, emission designator 16K0F1DCN, output power 20 dBm
• Linear transponder downlink 145.925 MHz, emission designator 20K0V8WWF, output power 20 dBm
• Linear transponder uplink 435.280 MHz
• CW telemetry beacon 145.910 MHz, emission designator 100HA1AAN, output power 17 dBm
• GMSK telemetry 145.890 MHz, emission designator 16K0F1DCN, output power 20 dBm
IARU Satellite Frequency Coordination pages http://www.amsat.org.uk/iaru/
Kenwood TK-D200GE Key Features TDMA DMR Digital Air Interface – 2 slot/1 carrier in 12.5kHz Complies with ETSI DMR Standard TS 10... Read more
Eustace Earhart Discovery Expedition team on board the Mermaid Vigilance, contacted Astronaut Shane Kimbrough, KE5HOD, on the ISS
On the search for Amelia Earhart’s plane this week, members of the Eustace Earhart Discovery Expedition team on board the Mermaid Vigilance, con... Read more
There is no shortage of ways to deploy a Chameleon Hybrid-mini/micro antenna! In this video, I will show you some of the most common ways to deploy a... Read more
G3TXQ 6 Band Hexbeam 40m single element add on kit Some of you may remember the 7 band Hexbeam that was in production a few years ago. Due to the comp... Read more
“HF Loop Antennas” is the topic of the just-released episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn! Sponsored by DX Engineeri... Read more