Connect any way round to automatically identify and measure a wide range of semiconductor devices. The DCA55 will automatically identify the type of the part, pinout and many component parameters. Components supported include bipolar NPN/PNP transistors, darlingtons, diode-protected transistors, transistors with built-in resistors, enhancement mode MOSFETs, depletion mode MOSFETs, diodes, diode networks, LEDs, 2 and 3 lead bicolour LEDs, JFETs and many more. Further measurements are displayed including transistor gain, leakage current, pn voltage drops, LED voltages, MOSFET threshold voltages and much more. Even if you don’t know anything about the part, just connect it in any configuration and the DCA55 will identify the type of part for you and also identify all the leads. Supplied with universal gold plated hook probes, battery and illustrated user guide. Not designed for in-circuit testing.
- Automatic pinout detection and identification, connect any way round.
- Automatic part type identification.
- Supports semiconductors including transistors, MOSFETs, diodes, LEDs, JFETs and much more.
- Detection of special component features such as transistors with diodes or transistors with built-in resistors.
- Transistor gain measurement.
- Transistor leakage measurement.
- MOSFET gate threshold measurement.
- Semiconductor voltage drop measurement.
- Supplied with gold plated red/green/blue universal hook probes on 160mm flexible leads.
|Peak test current into S/C||-5.5mA||5.5mA||1|
|Peak test voltage across O/C||-5.1V||5.1V||1|
|Measurable transistor gain range (HFE)||4||65,000||2|
|Transistor gain accuracy (for HFE<1000)||-3%-5 HFE||+3%+5 HFE||2,9|
|Transistor VBE accuracy||-2%-20mV||+2%+20mV||9|
|VBE threshold for Darlington identification||0.9V||3|
|VBE threshold for Darlington identification (shunted)||0.8V||4|
|Acceptable transistor VBE||1.8V|
|Base-emitter shunt resistance threshold||60k|
|Transistor collector-emitter test current||2.45mA||2.50mA||2.55mA|
|Acceptable transistor collector leakage||1.25mA||6|
|MOSFET gate threshold range||0.1V||5.0V||5|
|MOSFET gate threshold accuracy||-2%-20mV||+2%-20mV||5|
|MOSFET drain-source test current||2.45mA||2.50mA||2.55mA|
|MOSFET minimum acceptable gate resistance||8k|
|Thyristor/Triac gate test current||4.5mA||7|
|Thyristor/Triac load test current||5mA|
|Diode test current||5mA|
|Diode forward voltage accuracy||-2%-2mV||+2%+2mV|
|VF threshold for LED||1.50V|
|Short circuit detection threshold||10 ohms|
|Battery type||23A or MN21 (12V Alkaline)|
|Battery voltage range||7.50V||12V|
|Battery voltage warning threshold||8.25V|
|Inactivity power-down period||30 secs|
|Dimensions (excluding test leads)||103 x 70 x 20 mm|
|4.1″ x 2.8″ x 0.8″|
|Operating temperature range||0°C||50°C||8|
- Between any pair of test clips.
- Collector current of 2.50mA.
- Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter > 60k.
- Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter < 60k.
- Drain-source current of 2.50mA.
- Collector-Emitter voltage of 5V.
- Thyristor quadrant 1, Triac quadrants I and III.
- Subject to acceptable LCD visibility.
- BJT with no shunt resistors.
“MFJ recently announced two new Morse Code straight keys, the MFJ-566M with a metal base and the MFJ-566P with a plastic base. These small, 3D-printed keys are priced right (under US$30) and have a nice “feel” to them. I p... Read more
YAESU SMB-201 With so many diverse ways to enjoy Amateur Radio such as WIRES-X and packet operation, transceivers are now having to deal with increase... Read more
by John E. Usalis, Republican & Herald (TNS) — Even with cellphones, email and other forms of modern communication, the hobby of amateur radio co... Read more
AmateurLogic 75: DV3000 Raspberry Pi D-Star Hot Spot Read more
Starting on August 1, the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) will follow revised guidelines for satellite frequency coordination. Educational sa... Read more