At Hamvention® 2017 in Xenia, Ohio, on May 19, 20, and 21, ARRL EXPO will provide a spacious area focusing on ARRL activities. The ARRL Store will be the central focus of ARRL EXPO in Building 2 of the Greene County Fairgrounds and Expo Center, where visitors will be able to peruse and purchase a wide array of ARRL publications, supplies, and official League merchandise. They’ll also be able to join, renew, or extend their ARRL memberships. A limited supply of complimentary ARRL EXPO 2017 pins will be available. With ARRL Field Day (FD) looming on June 24-25, ARRL will offer an inventory of official ARRL FD gear, including T-shirts, pins, hats, mugs, and posters. ARRL EXPO exhibits will include:
- ARRL Laboratory: Get Your Handheld Radio Tested!
- ARRL Collegiate Amateur Radio Initiative
- Amateur Radio and Education — Meet ARRL Education & Technology Program (ETP) instructors and explore the resources available for introducing radio science and wireless technology into classrooms.
- Radiosport and DXCC — DXCC card checking, ARRL contests and awards, Logbook of The World (LoTW), and QSL Bureau
- RFinder — The Worldwide Repeater Directory
- ARRL Development and ARRL Foundation
- ARRL Public Service
- ARRL Field Organization Volunteers — Network with ARRL Field Organization volunteers, hosted by the ARRL Ohio Section.
- HamSCI: The Ham Radio Science Citizen Investigation
- ARRL Visa® card — U.S. Bank
Representatives of the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) will be on hand to meet and greet visitors.
Heading the ARRL delegation will be ARRL President Rick Roderick, K5UR. On hand to represent ARRL will be Great Lakes Division Director Dale Williams, WA8EFK; Vice Director Thomas Delaney, W8WTD, and Ohio Section Manager Scott Yonally, N8SY.
ARRL is seeking college students and high school seniors to help support the ARRL Collegiate Amateur Radio Initiative booth at ARRL EXPO. Student volunteers will sign up for one or more shifts working in the booth — during which they will visit with Hamvention attendees and exchange ideas to strengthen radio clubs at our nation’s colleges and universities. Volunteers will receive a Hamvention exhibitor badge and ARRL Team shirts. Contact Andy Milluzzi, KK4LWR, if interested.
Messi & Paoloni – Notwithstanding its small dimension (7,3 mm) its performances are so good to outperform RG 213/U (10,2 mm) and put into sh... Read more
Ham Radio Hotspot “So this is a very popular question among my audience, due to my recent videos explaining some hotspots and reflectors. Hopefu... Read more
SteppIR UrbanBeam “This is a full review of the SteppIR UrbanBeam (multiband HF antenna) with the SDA 2000 controller (OptimizIR). It’s part 3 o... Read more
InnovAntennas An Excellent Dual Band Yagi for 70/144MHz on a 2.4m boom and single feed point The 4-2-12 Dual Band Yagi has a total of 12 elements, 5 e... Read more
Es’hail-2 Graham Shirville (G3VZV) & Dave Crump (G8GKQ) update us on Es’hail-2 and its amateur radio payload at the AMSAT-UK International S... Read more