Five inch (5”) (108x65mm) high resolution color display, 800×480 pixels and 24-bits colors.
- The final stage uses field effect (MOSFET) transistors type BLF188 from NXP, designed to withstand high mismatch (SWR) at the output and intended for operation in aerospace, industrial, mobile, and radio broadcast applications.
- Compatible with all transceiver models available on the market – does not need any special signals: “ground on transmit” (PTT) and 50W of RF drive power is sufficient.
- Broadband input circuit providing a perfect transceiver load with SWR below 1.2:1 (typically 1.1:1), without retuning throughout the whole frequency range from 1.8 to 54MHz
- The overall operation of ACOM 1200S is extremely simplified: the screen menus are intuitive and easy to follow and no special skill is required from the operator when changing frequency bands
- Possibility of automatic control – when connected to a transceiver with a CAT interface, the amplifier monitors constantly, duly follows the operating frequency, and changes the bands accordingly.
- Even if not connected with CAT interface, the amplifier monitors the frequency of the input signal through the built-in frequency counter and automatically switches over the bands.
- Remotely controlled by RS232 interface.
- Takes care of itself during operation due to the continuously working protection circuits in all modes.
- The operator can monitor digitally more than 10 parameters concerning the working regime of the amplifier.
- Easy maintenance – detailed data (55 parameters) about each of the last 28 hard-fault protection trips is stored in the amplifier’s nonvolatile memory.
- Convenient for expeditions and field operation: extremely compact and light construction, extended mains voltage range (93V÷265V), limited inrush current and purely sinusoidal consumed mains current, automatic Power Factor Correction (PFC) – all significant parameters in operation from unstable mains, generators etc. features achieved thanks to the built-in switching mode power supply (SMPS).
- Perfect electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) both with the highly sensitive as well as with the powerful appliances in the radio station (receivers, computers, more amplifiers) exceeding the standard EMC requirements due to the use of PFC and the built-in additional radio-frequency filters.
a) Rated output power: 1000W +/-0.5dB, PEP or continuous carrier (1200W typically).
b) Intermodulation distortions (IMD3): better than 30dB below the rated PEP output.
c) Harmonic and parasitic emissions output suppression: better than 60dB (65dB typically).
• input circuit: broadband, SWR below 1.2:1 (1.1:1 typically); 1.8 – 54 MHz continuous range without retuning or switching;
• RF by-pass path SWR – below 1.1:1, 1.8-54 MHz;
• admissible SWR at the output load (the antenna): up to 3:1 with proportional power reduction and up to 1.5:1 for full output power;
e) RF power gain: 13dB +/-1dB;
f) Mains power supply voltage: 93Vч265V without switching;
g) Mains power consumption at full output power:2000VA or less with a power factor of 0.95 or higher;
h) Mains power consumption in Low Energy (waiting) mode: less than 1VA;
i) Complies with EU safety regulations and electromagnetic compatibility standards, as well as with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules;
j) Environment working conditions:
• temperature range: -10 C to +40 C (14 F to 104 F);
• relative air humidity: up to 95% @ 35 C (95 F);
k) Dimensions (projections not included) and weight, operating: (D x W x H) 418 x 372 x 162 mm (16,46 x 14,65 x 6,38 In); 14.5 kg (31.97 Lbs).
Photo:K3RF Hy-Gains new AV-640 Patriot HF vertical is the best built, best performing and best priced multiband vertical available today. Make full us... Read more
An Isotron Antenna Solves Virtually Any Restricted Space Problem – For example, a 40 Meter Isotron measures only 22 inches x 16 inches x 15 inch... Read more
“In this video I present the protection measures used in my amateur radio station to be able to connect several HF radios with several antennas.... Read more
“We demonstrate the two major new features of the latest version of Yaesu’s “991” series, the FT-991A. Watch the colour screen... Read more
WB2REM and K5PA Win the April 2017 QST Cover Plaque Award The winning article for the April 2017 QST Cover Plaque award is “DIY Remote Radio Now” by... Read more