The 817 Companion app is dedicated to all the proud owners and users of the Yeasu 817 amateur radio.
The Yeasu 817 is a fantastic radio but has some faults. One of those is the very small display.
The 817 Companion app will connect to your Yaesu 817 via USB cable or Bluetooth serial adapter, and will let you almost completely control the radio frequency, band, IPO, ATT, NB, AGC, Transmit Power, front/rear antenna… all with a simple touch on your Android device display.
But not only!
The 817 Companion will put your little radio on steroids but adding:
– logging possibilities (with ADIF and CSV export)
– automatic eQSL sending (as soon as you log a QSO, the app sends the eQSL)
– automatic query to QRZ.com to fill in data (name, QTH, locator)
– automatic calculation of the distance and bearing
– automatic frequency scanning up or down from 1Hz to 100Mhz at the time 🙂
– a beautiful audio spectrum/waterfall with touch QSY
– it supports the use of “panadapter” kit that allows to use the 817 as an SDR with up to 24kHz bandwidth (contact me if you want more info about that!)
– antenna tuning with a single press of a display button
– real time DX Cluster spots with touch QSY, filtering and alerts!
– 10 frequency memories for each band (a total of 140 memories!). Each one can be customized with a label and a color
– and more…
You can read more about the app here:
and read the online manual here:
To make the app communicate with the Yaesu 817, you need a USB CAT cable with an OTG USB cable adapter (and an Android phone supporting OTG), or a Bluetooth CAT wireless serial adapter.
To take full advantage of the app functionalities we suggest that you also get the easy to install, no soldering required, “817 panadapter kit” that will transform your Yaesu 817 into an SDR! Contact us for more information.
For any request of information and support contact us at:
or on the website:
72/73 Andrea IU4APC
This video is about the Android App called 817Companion. 817Companion is an advanced CAT control app for your Yaesu FT-817. The 817 Companion app will connect to your Yaesu 817 via USB OTG cable or Bluetooth serial adapter. Youll be able to completely control the radio frequency, band, IPO, ATT, NB, AGC, Transmit Power, front/rear antenna, using your Android Smartphone or Tablet.
The 817 Companion will pump up the little FT-817. Here are some of the features:
– logging (with ADIF and CSV export)
– automatically send eQSL as soon as you log a QSO
– automatic search QRZ.com for callsign data
– automatically calculate distance and bearing
– automatic frequency scanning
– customizable audio spectrum/waterfall with one-touch QSY
– Support the Panadapter kit that allows to use the 817 as an SDR with up to 24kHz bandwidth
antenna tuning with a single press of a display button
real time DX Cluster spots with touch QSY, filtering and alerts!
10 frequency memories for each band (a total of 140 memories!).
You can find the app in Google Play Store
23rd April 2016 is 400 Years since the Death of William Shakespeare. Stratford upon Avon and District Radio Society are proud to air GB2WS (Golf Bravo... Read more
The remains of equipment used to help maintain communications and track the event after the fire overcame the position. (Photo: BENJAMIN KUO/CONTRIBUT... Read more
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=https%3A%2F%2Fqrznow.com%2F817-companion-for-yeasu-817-app%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/qrznow/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151